Frustration help

I go to church because my fiancé wants the whole family to go. I go to support! After church they wanna go out to eat but after church I start to feel like I wanna stay home and not partake in eating out. My fiancé gets frustrated and upset because I don’t wanna go out to eat and want to stay home instead. I explain that they can go and I can stay home to clean and get our sons cake ready for his birthday celebration. But again she is mad now and now I’m feeling like she doesn’t understand. Now her and her mom decided to not go out to eat and instead just order something. She says she doesn’t like changes and that we had everything Planned, but I really didn’t feel like going out. Idk what I’m trying to say but I just want to be home and clean.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re standing up for yourself and your SO doesn’t like that. You have control over your life. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!
Well done on doing what is right for you. :dizzy:

1 Like

I am starting to understand that I have power to choose. I can say no. And no matter who it is I can’t control there feelings, they are gonna feel what they feel and I have to just move on.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely correct.
You do have the right to choose what is best for you. I know it seems like you may be putting family time aside, however you have the right to alone time also.
Support in the relationship should work both ways, but they might actually be seeing more behind your mood and concerned about leaving you alone at the moment.
Just try to look at both sides.

1 Like

Hi all I’m Brian and I’ve been out of rehab for 51 days now. Well just need to blow off a little steam or something like that. I don’t know but getting frustrated here, trying to find a job but not having any luck with that. And this is a good place for me to vent, cause 4 real nobody here prob. will ever see me in person,( but never know) so that makes it easer for me to say what’s on my mind.
Been having a bad couple of days or more like a week, and it does not seem to let up if you know what I mean. Now this may sound crazy but it was a lot easer to deal with stuff when I was drinking or at least seamed that way. I don’t know think I’m a bit lost in this soberity stuff, just think about stuff a lot more and really don’t want to. But here I am guess if had never picked up that first drink would not be here now trying to get sober.
Now it’s been a rough ride so far and I know that it’s just starting. Hope that I can make it!! They say that only 1 in every 10 make it through this wish it was more than that but hope that im one of them
sorry if that sounds self centered.
Thanks for letting me share Brian

2 Likes

We’ve all been where you are. The reality of it all hits us in sobriety. It’s going to come like a flood and it’s going to test you.
I know the things that broke me in the past aren’t going to be the things that break me in the future.
You are strong, you’re a fighter, you’re capable of overcoming this.
Please reach out for support before your dark hours hit you. Get to a meeting. You are not alone.
Keep reading chapter 5 how it works.
You will make it through this.