Fucking mad at myself! I relapse yesterday

Very true! Thanks for that!

2 Likes

Thanks everybody for the support I will be much more active on here to fight through this, it helps knowing others are in the same scenerio

2 Likes

Thanks you :slight_smile:

True! Thanks!!!

1 Like

Awww thank you so much!!!

No but ill do that next time!

Aww thank you so much!!!

We can do this one day at a time any urges lets talk and help each other before we take a drink hopefully one can talk the other out of it

2 Likes

That’s a great idea, come here and tell us how loud that voice is yelling at you! I so know what you’re talking about; but it’s just a craving; you can get past it…we that have aren’t any more special than you. It’s getting mad at it and fighting the fight of your life. Each one gets easier once you find your strength. It’s worth it!

4 Likes

Thanks Donna always great on here for advise thank you so much

2 Likes

Absolutely!!! Great idea!!!

1 Like

I feel you for me it was about a week then I would relapse again. I agree with having a plan on what will be different this time. For me I finally started an Outpatient program I finally admitted to myself this was bigger than me and I couldn’t do it on my own. I now go to 3 groups a week and 2 outside online meetings along with going to school full time it keeps me pretty busy and holds me accountable. I think it’s important to figure out what your triggers are too and avoid them like the plague! Honesty was huge for me. I was one who would think “oh I’ll just have a little just to ease the anxiety” " Just to take the edge off". It never worked out that way! Glad you are here :relieved:. Keep checking in!

6 Likes

this is by far the biggest change i had to make to take sobriety seriously. started with being honest with myself, then my higher power then another human beings. i am still amazed at how free i feel being honest because now my side of the street is clean and i thrive to keep it that way. honesty is so tough! but i found within the program that the more honest i am the more helpful i am to my fellows while also taking care of what’s best for me. =)

2 Likes

Hi Judy. I’m sorry to hear about your relapse. There is a reason, and it’s probably that you need to better understand your addiction & take action for change, to recover. (As the old expression goes, nothing changes if nothing changes.)

I’m not saying this to be discouraging. It’s obvious that you want to recover, and that’s good. You can do it. This relapse means you need to understand yourself and your choices better; there are underlying reasons for your behaviour, that you’re probably not aware of yet, because you haven’t yet uncovered them.

There is some sobriety work you can do. Can you join a program? How? Online? Do you need child care? These are all practical questions you can answer now. It is important to find time to work your recovery. And overall it is about your rights and your health: which are also important for your son’s rights and his health. Healthy moms = healthy sons. This is a time when you need to grow into asking for an occupying the space you need, as a person and a parent, to be healthy.

What do you need?

4 Likes

So obviously this isn’t enough then. What more can you do.
You don’t need a sponsor but you can go to the rooms. Perhaps a meeting every night.
Unfortunately, sobriety is a full time job at the start. Can’t just say I’m going to stop drinking and expect it to work.

3 Likes

Hi @Judy111 to add to what Geoff is suggesting here, there are lots of online options here & you’re never far from a meeting time, any time of day:
Online meeting resources

2 Likes

Thanks matt! I always love your comments :ok_hand:

1 Like

You are so right!!! Thanks!!!

I was in the same boat … I couldn’t get longer than a few days sober… started binge drinking at 15-16 alcoholism signs at around 18 (real bad withdrawal I realised after becoming a dad at 21 I should probably sort myself out and quit drinking. Decided the day my son was born this was definitely me done with drinking…
Oh how wrong I was. It turned into another 7 years of absolute chaos.
I’m sat here with 12 weeks of sobriety at aged 28. Haven’t seen my son for 4 years, got addicted to crack aswell been to prison, had detoxes, turned yellow, threw up blood. seizures, fits, over 300+ hospital visits… (I’m surprised I’m alive).Thousands of debt, no friends , hardly no teeth , homeless and absolutely nothing left in my life.

I’m saying this because I would highly recommend doing something about it fast, as it definitely doesn’t get better. It gets alot worse…
Definitely find a program that works for you I’ve personally went down the AA route and surrended completely. One day at a time you got this. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Wow thanks for sharing!!! I will work the pogram and make mpre efforts :slight_smile:

1 Like