Fucking mad at myself! I relapse yesterday

I relapse yesterday!!! I did stupid stuff and im a shame!!! I hate myself… its like i stay sober for 3 days and then boom i drink…

Needed to vent!!!

2 Likes

You need to look at why you keep doing this.
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
What kinds of things are you doing? Any program?

8 Likes

Judy I’m in the same boat, something comes over me and before I know if binge for the whole weekend would look to be able to give it up for my kids

1 Like

Well, I time to look at what you are doing to keep sober. What can you change? What can you add?

2 Likes

what you gonna do when your kids don’t need you, start again and have a shit life. Do this for you, do it bc you want to be a better person or healthier. If you don’t care about yourself nobody else is going to care about you and also you can’t blame anyone else if it goes wrong. I’ve tried giving up for loads of people and it turned out I couldn’t and no one cared anyway, I was just a drunk and everyone expected it of me. It’s only after I change me for me that other people began to like what they see and even if they don’t I’m happy anyway so doesn’t matter what they think either way.

10 Likes

I linked this to one of your other topics a little while back.

Resources for our recovery

Have you looked into any of these resources to help you with your recovery? We usually need some assistance and more than just willpower.

3 Likes

@Judy111 Judy! I know you hate finding yourself in this place, but please don’t give up. You can separate your identity from your actions. It is shame that this has happened, but YOU ARE NOT a shame. You can do this. Choose to win today!

2 Likes

Hating yourself isn’t helping. Hate the alcohol. Hate the alcohol voice. Or, even better, just ignore it.

If you are not already, I encourage you to read or download audios of some good quit lit. Hop on a Zoom meeting for any program, there are loads of them 24/7.

@Judy111 and @Lance83, the thing “coming over you” is a craving. Cravings pass. Days 3-20 often just suck. For some people, it continues to suck for months. They suck because craving sucks and addictions sucks, Your body and brain are hella pissed off that you are taking away their tools of coping.

Just be really clear that a craving can’t pick up a drink. Only you can.

1 Like

I do therapies with someone every week! I try to keep busy… I don’t have a sponsor

Its so hard!!! I feel you!!!

I don’t know how to answer you!!! I think I’ll do some journaling tonight and add those questions you just ask me

Journaling is good. Think about AA, SMART, or a different program? Did you come on here when you started craving?

2 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself. Coming from somebody who recently went on a pretty disastrous bender before I came here, I can tell you that hating myself and being angry with myself only made it worse.

Of course, take ownership, but accept that it was also an honest mistake and one that you will not make again. Stay strong. I know you’ve got this. I’m only on day 4 again, so you’re never too far behind somebody else who can relate. Glad you’re back.

3 Likes

Very true! Thanks for that!

2 Likes

Thanks everybody for the support I will be much more active on here to fight through this, it helps knowing others are in the same scenerio

2 Likes

Thanks you :slight_smile:

True! Thanks!!!

1 Like

Awww thank you so much!!!

No but ill do that next time!

Aww thank you so much!!!