Fwew,... don't give up!

Im 31…Ive drank hard liquor wild turkey 101 everyday since i was 13 Today is 20 days sober… and i feel different today… instead of cravings today…
It was fear…
I was scared that someday i might mess up and sink back down for another 20 years… it’s like I’ve been in prison or a swamp with sex ,booze, drugs, rock and roll, waking up everyday literally lost like i dont know where i am who in with or how i got there…

Today I DIDN’T WANT BOOZE… I’VE NEVER HAD THAT EMOTION.

27 Likes

Not wanting booze is giant.

1 Like

Remember…embrace…accept…acknowledge and understand that emotion. You will be surprised how often you’ll need it :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Thats a big deal! Be mindful of that feeling it will ebb and flow. So just hold on to that if you feel like youre struggling at any point. 20 days is amazing!! Keep going!

3 Likes

I remember this feeling, the incredible absence of desire to drink and the fear and gratitude. Write this shit down so you can go back and read it again!

Also fill your life with recovery and solid relationships and worthy hobbies and passions so that your sober life is full and pleasurable and the allure to go back will never take on that false credibility again!

Some resources: Resources for our recovery

Best of luck to you! :purple_heart:

1 Like