Game addiction

Hello guys
I think that if I continue gaming I will infarct soon and at least I will be famous and newspapers write about me.
I can’t control my time (my life)
When I am start to playing a game and it’s like alcohol addition. I know the solution. There is just one solution: don’t play for first time.
But I am powerless about that.pray for me.
I am eager to read your experience about this subject.
Ehsan(wounded tiger),tehran

2 Likes

Hey there. My DOC is alcohol, but really, I’d use anything that gave escape, even games. I got deep into WOW several years back and for a while, it controlled me. I lost days at a time. If I wasn’t playing, I was researching online, if I wasn’t doing that, I was thinking about it. It had me. It wasn’t just me, it was my wife and a few friends that got in it deep. My wife was the first to quit playing, I ended up quitting some time later. I continued my drinking tho. Now that I think about it, my drinking really accelerated after quiting WOW, not surprised.

Anyway, I know it’s hard to quit, and a pretty scary. I think it’s important to explore why you do what you do and address those reasons.

Wish you well.

1 Like

Your right my friend. Escaping from real life and challenges is the main reason. Scaping from hardworking.
I am 25 but act like a child.

1 Like

Hi there @Ehsan. I am a gaming addict as well. I haven’t gamed in 704 days and I’m not planning on gaming again either. My road started at rehab, which I highly recommend. I don’t think I would have been able to quit otherwise. Early recovery from any technology related addiction sucks. It is everywhere. People talk about gaming constantly. Or they do nothing else but Snapchat all day. There are so many gaming addicts, it’s insane. And all of them form a trigger when you see them game. I do have some advice for quitting games though.

• Sell everything you’ve used to game. Our head links our devices to gaming so each time you use them it causes very strong cravings. I sold my pc, my consoles and I smashed my phone. I know it sounds expensive, but it is a great investment in a better life.
  • Use parental controls on your phone. Almost every phone has that possibility and otherwise use “family link” to have someone control your screen usage on your phone.
  • Buy a focus box. If you crave hard, throw your phone, mouse and anything that you use for gaming that fits in there. There’s no way to open it except for the time running out or smashing it which would be a waste of money.
  • Delete all gaming accounts. If you want I can do that for you as I know it can be very triggering to open a game to delete it. Deleting Facebook is also important, unless you haven’t linked Facebook with your games.
  • Get a new Google account. That way you won’t have constant gaming emails.

It’s going to be hard. But you have got to pull through. And fame is not that special. You’ll have to live up to others (toxic) expectations constantly. You won’t gain anything from it.

Always feel free to send me a message. I’ll respond as soon as possible

2 Likes

Never to late to start your puberty. Basically you’re only 25 to me, I’m 49. An addiction stops the emotional development, I only survived due to my cognitive capabilities, some didn’t believe me (even therapists) when I admitted I had a problem with alcohol. Now in therapy to deal with my emotions and show them. I feel a bit like getting home to myself now, but it isn’t a pretty sight/feeling look/feel all that. It’s a lot to chance everything. But just what’s needs to be done. So one step at a time. Which you good luck on your journey :pray: