Get comfortable being uncomfortable

So agree life is shit sometimes but it can also be amazing since going sober i have noticed such things just this morning a lovely sunrise on my walk to the gym something i wouldnt of cared about or even been doing while using.

5 Likes

I remember noticing the sound and feel of a warm breeze, something i hadn’t noticed in decades… it made me feel alive for the first time in a long time.

9 Likes

Get comfortable being uncomfortable…one of my favorite mantras. I learned this as a young Marine and it served me well. I had to relearn this when I quit drinking.

Another of my favs is “embrace the suck!”. Yes, sometimes things just plain suck. We can sit in our lamentations thinking “woe to me”, or we can embrace the moment, and power on.

6 Likes

Great way to start my day,I know the feeling of being uncomfortable,I hadn’t seen my family in four years because of my using,I recently got out of rehab,changed location,and I found that God has been on this journey with me all the way,being able to go to another city,and starting over, was hard,but each day it gets better, progress not perfection,keep striving,keeping being grateful,and stay connected.

2 Likes

Good stuff Dan and thanks for the reminder that no matter what i am doing better that long ago. I just continue to live life on life terms and 1 day at a time. Thankful for the daily reprieve and grateful i am no longer lost,hopeless or lonely. To all i send my love and prayers that we all continue on this journey ODAAT. But for the grace of God i am not in a hospital, crazy house, or dead.

3 Likes

Any thing that we want requires action,when I wake up and can think of 1000 reasons not to go to a meeting,but I know that when I feel like this I need to go,when I feel like I can’t read my AA book or call my sponsor, because it’s inconvenient,I need to stop and do these things that I feel are uncomfortable because they are interfering with my life,that is when I need to reach for my AA bible,call my sponsor,or call my supports,I have to do these uncomfortable things to stay sober. But after there done I feel so much better.

3 Likes