Getting back on track

I’m on day 2 of completely going sober. I’ve struggled with alcohol abuse for a very long time but seeing a friend pass out and and taken away in a ambulance and blow a .384 has me needing to change my life before it happens to me. This seems like a very good community to be a part of.

16 Likes

Welcome, Jordan!🙋

1 Like

Hi Jordan,
It is so wonderful that you are here and embarking on your journey of recovery, where you recover that beautiful Soul you ARE and enjoy life again, without the crux of alcohol. You have so much courage within, just being here and speaking your truth and giving sobriety a shot shows how much courage you have, now just hold onto that and each day, add in that determination. You deserve to be sober and happy. You are an amazing human being. This journey may not feel easy at times, but it is so worth it. You can do this. Thank you for being here :blush:
This community has helped me to be sober for 517 days now, and I am so grateful. Life is better sober. Sober life = our best life, for sure! Reach out when you need to, and we’ll be here. My advice, read around this forum A LOT. I read for hours and days on end when I first decided to change my life for the better. And just remember, always say NO to the first drink, then there wont be a second or a third and so on. And when you’re thinking of drinking, play the tape all the way through! Reality is, you don’t really want to drink and you know why.
Best wishes :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your extremely kind words of encouragement I hope to find a home here.

1 Like

Thank you Donna!

1 Like

Feel free to ask anything or just speak your mind. This is a great group of people and we all help each other especially when we’re struggling.
:wink::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I definitely will I am already struggling some and these comments have really helped I know the first two weeks are really hard but I’m definitely going for it this time I don’t wanna hurt myself or my family over alcohol. Not anymore

3 Likes

Thank you andre !

Hi Jordan and welcome to Talking Sober! This is indeed a supportive fellowship and there are many successful paths to sobriety represented here. Here’s a great thread Resources for our recovery you can peruse to find ideas on how to get started.

Anything you are experiencing in sobriety is surely something that someone else has gone through before. You need not struggle alone. And if you want it, you never have to drink again.

2 Likes

Dan thanm you for your very kind words im already blown away by the amount of support from everyone here

@Trashpandaa We’re in your corner, Jordan! Get on and post every day, read every day, be open and honest. Many great days are ahead of you! This is a place for you to heal and grow!

1 Like

Cwak thank you for the support I really do look forward to getting to know everyone

Yeah, the first 2 weeks your body is wondering why you’re not drinking. I promise it’ll get easier. It was really hard for me cuz I live alone, but yesterday was 6 months for me!:blush:
If I can do it you can, hun!

Welcome, this is a great first step

Third monkey thank you!

1 Like

Donna that must be very hard im trying to go it alone at the moment but I really want my friend to join me I hope they will everything is easier together

1 Like

I’m not just saying it but this forum made all the difference. Especially when covid hit!

1 Like

Hey there buddy. Congrats on two days…that’s huge! I hung out with a pretty gnarly crowd of drinkers and drug users…though my the end of my active days I did a lot of partying by myself. When I first quit, I was used to drinking from morning till night. The first few weeks were rough…but I was RESOLUTE. I saw the road “my friends” were on, I saw what I was becoming…I knew I was on a bad bad road. That morning, waking up and looking in the mirror and making a choice not to stop killing myself anymore was the single greatest choice I’ve ever made in my life. I’m coming up on three years clean and sober. This site has been a huge part of my sobriety. Come on here as much as you possibly can. There’s a search bar up top so you can look up topics that interest you. There is no shortage of support on here. So glad you’re here. And again…congrats on your sobriety :heart:

4 Likes

ELY thank you very much for your kind words

1 Like

You will be surprised how wonderful it is being a part of this community. I am 15 days without nicotine, and being here has been a huge aid!
I am sorry to hear about your friend.

1 Like