Getting to know other sobers and making virtual connections

I want to start a chat for us who need the distraction and to make connections.

Im home alone and kids r asleep. I can’t sleep and jw if anyone’s out there that wants to talk…

1 Like

Tahnk you I will defo check that out!

Im in England, UK.
What about you?!
Its nearly 1am here!!

1 Like

How are you doing today @Bex1994. If you ever need an ear to bend and see me online then feel free to tag me or DM etc . There is always somebody available to chat to on here :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Heyoo @anon13078412!! :slight_smile:I’m OK today thanks. Bit of a stressful one nd been around 2 heavy addicts in my close interpersonal circle and that’s been EXTREMELY frustrating. But I’m here. The house is clean, kids in bed. Another sober day.

How about yourself?! How Hs your day been?!

My days been ok thanks,I don’t have any kids myself but I have an adorable four year old niece who has been round today. I love spending time with her now, when I was using I would just stay out of the way and really didn’t know how to connect with her, I absolutely love it now as she actively seeks me out, sobriety is one of the best gift that we can give ourselves.:grinning:
I see your from the UK what region?
That’s a bit tough being around two hardcore addicts, I don’t really have a great deal of friends in my life these days, I just had to leave then behind so that I could keep myself clean. I know as humans that we yearn for friends and a connection with other people but that’s one connection you should possibly be a bit wary of, I’d absolutely hate to hear of you having a slip because they tempted you out because it had upset or frustrated your do much because they have been unable to follow your lead and get themselves clean :slightly_smiling_face::+1::slightly_smiling_face: not that I’m saying that I think that will happen with you.
How old are your children :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ahhh yes. Children inspire us when we take the time to listen.
Im seeing my children in a new light. A precious light that I so nearly lost to my addictive behaviours!! :confused:
My sons are 10 & 5!and we live near London!
What about urself?!

Yes I know having people who are addicts is not good. Most of my friends are very understanding and helpful. Unfortunately the people I saw today, who stress me out are my mother and my ex partner and child’s dad :confused: so unfortunately I can’t really cut them out as easily. I have minimal contact with them but I jeed my mum over the holidays so I can get to work. I hate leaving my biys with her, bcos she just gets stoned and watches TV. But it’s only temporary for the holidays and I only work 15 hours a week.
I can’t leave them with my ex as he’s a hard ketamine user and I only saw him today for the first time in a long time as we had mediation. He’s still sick (addicted) very hard and he has so much anger and resentment toward the past and his actions. I told him about this app but I’m weary of him finding me on here. Altho I do wish him to get better and free.

Ramble ramble. Haha.

Where are you from @anon13078412? If u don’t mind me asking… How many days are you free from your DOC? And what do u do etc etc haha :slight_smile:

I just tagged you in the small business thread asking what your do for a living :joy:

1 Like

I live in greater Manchester I used to work all over London on big building sites, the massive kings cross practical rebuild around fifteen years ago and I used to do loft conversions across London, my favourite was in Wimbledon. I’m a carpenter and builder though I was an electricians mate on that kings cross job.
Today is day 76 for me from my primary doc was heroin but i stopped snorting coke, smoking crack and eating benzos like they were sweets a good month before then, was it ketamine that you used to use, I never tried that though I’ve had pretty much everything else. This app was incredibly useful didn’t at the start of my journey in to sobriety though I now attend narcotics anonymous and in going to a smart recovery meeting this week. I’ve got myself clean from H probably nearly ten times before this time but ended up using again,I credit this app and community for me not using again at the start and when I had money in my pocket again.
Ah sorry, I had read a post of yours regarding your children’s father, that’s rough. I completely understand you not being happy leaving your children with your mum, is it weed that she smokes? I know that’s still not good or ideal but better than if she’s heavier drugs but I know that that didn’t make it any easier on you with having to leave then with her, is there any way you could ask her to not smoke when she knows that she will be looking after them.
Like I said I havn’t had any kids myself, that was more because I knew that I want in the best position to be bringing a child up, is absolutely love to have one though I’m nearly 39 so it’s too late really :slightly_smiling_face:

Ahh so the HQ of where I work is in Wimbledon… But its not long started, about 4 years, so probably won’t know it.!
I do like London but I live just on the outskirts in watford. Its much greener here… Even thougg they are defo bringing london life here more with developments etc.

Wow I must congratulate you on your sobriety. My mum was (and sometimes still uses) a heroin addict. She mostly smokes weed when around my kids as I’ve asked her not to drink. I certainly won’t let her be high on smack around them. I don’t think me asking her not to smoke would go down well. It’s very frustrating.

My DOC is speed and alcohol. I can do other things without them being too much of a problem. But atm I am steering clear of everything until I feel settled nd secure. If I ever do. And I don’t want to just go to replacing addictions aswell.

Im glad u were responsible enuf to not have a child. I’m lucky to be as ok as I am, but im certainly not fantastic. My childhood with a heroin user definatly warped my perception of reality and self worth etc.

I started writing this last night. Now it’s mid afternoon and it all seems a bit heavy hahaha!! :slight_smile:how is your Tuesday?!

Today’s ok thanks, don’t feel too good I think I have a big that’s going round but still feel better than when I was using. I just want stable enough to have any children. Speed was actually the second drug I was introduced to after cannabis, for a good fifteen years I was using more recreational drugs though I wasn’t using them recreationally until probably 14 years ago now when I tried crack and then eventually heroin.
In sorry to hear of your struggles growing up with your mum using it,that can’t have been and still can’t be easy for you. Is your mum on some maintenance medication, it just made me wonder with you saying that she still uses h occasionally. I hope she beats it when she is ready, it’s a drug that makes you feel so hopeless which I found kept me using it for longer
You probably know the part of Wimbledon where I worked, it was on two semi detached houses right next door to the wetherspoons in the centre, it was for a Greek fella who had a Greek restaurant almost opposite, I remember there was a club called punnanas there aswell. We spent a couple of nights there on ecstasy which was not the best of ideas.
Congratulations on staying clean and sober yourself, I know it’s so early days but they tend to be the hardest, you’ve got this. Have you had a search around for things to put in your sobriety tool kit, there’s a lot of helpful info available here​:+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello how are you