Girlfriend hates when i pick up (relaps)

today my routean was messed up. i woke up late and pretty took it out as a excuse to use marijuana to add to excitment.
i smoked pot with a friend and messed up my 4 day streak. befor that was a 14 day streak of sobriety.
after pot i took a shot of mr bostons. ugh i hate mr bostons

the good part i had those streaks

the bad part i lost those streaks

do i want to do it again is what i need to ask myself

my girlfriend got upset

My girlfriend used to get upset with me during my relapses. Then she got smart and kicked my ass out. For the next 7 months I went on an epic run and almost lost my life. She moved on and I spiraled out of control. Good times.

7 Likes

My story is very similar to @Englishd’s. I got the boot!

1 Like

i would deffinetly not like that

thank you both so much for shearing

it might not have happened but it could get to that point anyday

good heads up

1 Like

I’m a little confused, I thought you wanted to stop smoking and drinking yourself but from this it sounds as though you may be trying to stop to please your girlfriend? perhaps this is why you have been stuck in the cycle of getting a little clean time and then relapsing.
I know that for me I stood no chance of staying clean until it was what I myself truly wanted, I can only hope that you develop the same desire. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Not going to lie, as long as I kept putting drugs before my relationship it was never going to work. And unless I focused on my recovery 100% then I was putting drugs first. I suggest you do something for your recovery bc I bet your girlfriend doesn’t think you are taking this to seriously.

5 Likes

she doesnt think im serious about quitting
thats so true

as a matter a fact a lot of people think that.

i need to be more focused.

i was starting a journal. i have a brand new notebook and pluntey of pens.

i guess i need to pick out a time to really focus on that journal each day

Do you think a journal on its own is going to be enough? You don’t have to answer here, but think about it to yourself. I would say only in the last couple of months have my loved ones have started to really believe in my sobriety. And I’ve been sober a little bit now.

8 Likes

This is an abstinance forum. A quit using drugs forum.
Remove your comment please.
Your telling someone who wants to quit something and is struggling you don’t see his substance as a drug. That doesnt contribute to his goal in any way!

My story is i have used that substance for over 20 years and it screwed my sense of self up completely. my entire career and the relationship with the mother of my son.

3 Likes

Definitely is a drug.

2 Likes

Yes it can but that doesn’t take away from the fact you are recommending using a drug to someone who has a problem with that drug on a sobriety forum, it’s not cool mate. Nobody told you to go and smoke to cheer you up on your birthday. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

He has joined this place because he has an issue with weed

3 Likes

I didn’t see your original message, but according to other responses you get, I can pretty much fill in what or how you said it.
You say you don’t look at weed as you look at heroin. I don’t look at any substance differently. Addiction is addiction, with the same bullshit behavior we have, the outcome may be different, physically or mentally, financially or whatever. But the big lines of it are the same.

OP stated he has an addiction (marijuana), then telling someone “if it helps him with a medical problem he shouldn’t feel bad about it” is just utterly useless and unnecessary and quite frankly disrespectful. What are you? A doctor? Sounds to me like you have alot to learn about how addiction works but that’s just my opinion.

4 Likes

I know how addicted works clearly if i didnt i wouldn’t be here :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You really need to bully someone to feel better about your shit life dont you fucking keep shit on topic

I’m not bullying anyone, your comment was inappropriate so I and others pulled you about it then you called me all sorts of names. Grow up

2 Likes

I’m not, in any way trying to attack or provoke you. I’m just telling you my opinion about it, that’s all. Name calling and swearing are things to attack, so maybe there is a lesson for you to learn about yourself.
If you don’t agree that’s fine, we agree to disagree.

2 Likes

I think i have a right to cuss at someone making comment on a post of mine for 2 days ago that was removed due to people bullying me yeah i was cheated on and dumped on my fucking birthday i have my own recovery and shit going on i think people forget we are all here for some fucking reason

1 Like

Telling me to go cry about my ex that cheated on me is bulling and had nothing to do with this topic at all clearly you are the one that needs to grow up

Keep it civil please folks and respectful of the OP. If you have any issues with other members please flag them rather than derailing the post with an argument.

Ultimately remember we are all here to support each other.

5 Likes