Give it away to keep it🤔

Sober Saturday!!! 7 days clean and 1st Saturday in a longggggg time im not hungover😃. Im up actually being productive and it feels great!

Pushing past hurdles,obstacles and my own poisoned mind. You all have been a blessing from God and have helped me achive my 1st of many goals. From the bottom of my heart, thank each and everyone of you!

My journey is private among people who know me. Very few know im getting sober. Im just a private person except here. I told one of my friends last night that i was going to a meeting and starting a new journey called sobriety. He got quiet for a minute. He then asked if he could go to a meeting with me on Monday :astonished:. I said absolutely, as i know he has been struggling pretty badly as well. Said he wasnt able to reach out alone and now that im doing it he would like to try and get on the same path!

I did say im not in a position to help him, but i can introduce him to people that can. I can be there for him but i have to focus on myself and my journey to sobriety. He understood and was so thankful and happy!

It helped me tremendously just to hear that i may have helped someone by setting an example!

Have a great weekend and stay strong eveyone!

17 Likes

Wonderful news both for you and your friend! I’m glad I get to share in your joy today. :heart:

Keep on going. Here are some resources to enrich your toolbox: Resources for our recovery

4 Likes

This is great, you know…ive been surprised since going sober by the amount of people who, when i tell them say…‘i wish i could do that’ or ‘good for you’

2 Likes

Congrats on a week sober!

3 Likes

Congratulations! Well done. Wish you well :hugs:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your first week. Weekends in sobriety are awesome, clear mind, resting body.

Way to go on sharing with your friend and being present for him to start his journey too.

I wish you the best!

4 Likes

Well done helping others , i sponsor and have now for decades helped dozens of guys get sober and it helped me also visiting prisons and hospitals passing the message made me stronger ,Giving it away to keep it wish you well

6 Likes

Update: He came to the meeting! It was great! 10 days for me today! Thank you all so much for the support!

2 Likes

Here is an update on the friend i referenced above!

1 Like