Glad I found this app

Today was my first day using the app. I enjoyed reading posts that were similar to my life and it made me feel like I wasn’t alone. I appreciate all of you. Will be checking in multiple times a day to keep me on track. Also started journal writing which is a big release. Thank you guys for helping me through day 3 of sobriety. I know, not much but… the upcoming weekend is what is terrifying to me !

34 Likes

Congratulations on 3 days and welcome to this cool place :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you! Keep
On truckin

3 Likes

Welcome Bridget.
Congrats on your 3 days.
This has been a great sober community for me to get and stay sober. To give and get support.
Have a good read around and join in when you’re comfortable. Reaching out when I’m struggling always helped me.

:pray::blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! Thanks for the advice

We’re terrible for putting emphasis on certain days but come on, it’s just another 24 hours, that’s all any of us have to do.

3 Likes

That’s what I have to learn. Friday’s we’re drinking days. Having a spouse that will continue will be really hard for me but I just need a plan. Go read or something

4 Likes

My husband still drinks too. It does make it challenging for sure. I spent a lot of time going to bed real early, reading in bedroom, long warm baths or going to workout in the early days. Walks were good as well.

Idk about you, but my self esteem was a mess. Sobriety gave me back a sense of self love. I want that for you as well. :heart:

Another thing that helped me was keeping a list on my phone of why I was forging a new path in life…maybe you would find that helpful too? I read it when I was feeling the urge.

What I will gain from not drinking and how I want to live my life…

● Feel healthy, clear and strong - mentally and physically

● No hangovers ever!!

● Treating my husband with respect and no drunk fighting

● Self respect gets a major boost

● No more internal conflict about drinking and if/how can I cut down or stop

● Restful restorative uninterrupted sleep!!! (Still working on this one!)

● No waking up wondering where I am or who I am with

● Major pride in myself and all that I have and can accomplish

● A sense of peace and calm

● No more embarrassment and shame because of my drunk behavior

● Forgiving myself for past mistakes and terrible judgement

● No wondering what I did or how I hurt husband or others while drunk

● No treating people I love, including myself, poorly while drunk

● No drunk driving and possibly hurting self or others or jail

● No upset stomach from drinking

● No anxiety and near constant agitation when hungover

● No dark suicidal thoughts

● No shame around neighbors if I was loud and yelling or loud music

● No blackouts ever again

● No overwhelming shame at my behavior

● No oversharing with strangers while drunk or making plans I will need to cancel

● Not having to check my phone in the middle of the night to delete social media posts - no drunk texting/emails/posts/calls

● Not be bloated and puffy and look haggard

● Major pride in myself and a boost in self esteem

● No hangovers ever again (this needs to be said twice!!!)

● No more excuses or lies

● Peace of mind

● Self respect, self esteem, self confidence, self love :heart:

7 Likes

Feeling all of this. I want this for me. I want to break of the habit and find out who I really am. If I have to go to bed at 8, so be it! I do all the others too. Journal, lists on phone, this app and fitness. I just need to cut out the bullshit for good :heart:

4 Likes

You won’t have to go to bed at 8pm forever, unless you want to. :slightly_smiling_face: It takes time to build our sober muscles and rituals, but we can and do get there. Believe in yourself. :heart:

2 Likes

Going to bed early is absolutely a great tool to use. I’ve done it many times. Friday nights get a lot of traffic here so you always have this app for support. Many struggle with weekends early on. So glad you are here.

2 Likes

My husband still drinks too. I try having something ‘fun’ to drink with dinner like my favorite kombucha or something sparkling with good flavor. I also started having a sleepy time tea when getting ready for bed as well to help get me in the mood for the early bed time :yum: Im on day 52 and making different habits has been helping so much!

3 Likes

Thank so much for the advice!

Every journey begins with a single step. The key to completing this journey is to keep stepping.

Welcome. I am glad you found your way here, and I hope you will stay, learn, share and grow.

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m new here as well. Something. That helped me a lot was coloring zen doodles!

2 Likes

Weekends don’t have to be harder than any other day. They are just another day to be sober. And in fact, if anything, waking up without a hangover, having the WHOLE day to do what you please, not lie in bed feeling awful, is such a gift!

4 Likes

Welcome to TS! And congratulations on day 3!!!
I could relate with what your going through. I was living with my ex boyfriend when I stopped drinking. Granted it was in my favor that I had an ankle monitor on so I wasn’t allowed to drink but I powered through. It helped knowing there were others out there doing the same thing I was doing and others who have done it before me. I also went to meetings everyday. I still continue to go this day. Meetings helped me connect with like minded people and has helped me live my life one day at a time. When I was in early recovery and my ex was drinking I did what I could to keep my mind pre occupied. Puzzles, coloring, reading, painting. Pick up a hobbies if you don’t have one. Hope you well on your sobriety journey.

6 Likes

Well done on 3 days dont know if you have thought about trying a meeting might help with your weekends wish you well , ive got copy right on keep on trucking but its ok to use it lol

3 Likes

Thank you for the nice welcome

1 Like

I’ve thought about online meetings but don’t know where to look? Yes, use keep on truckin. It’s a great saying

3 Likes