God is my Savior, the Lord is my strength

God is my Savior, the Lord is My Strength and I know he is real in my life in recovery. I have 108 days, and Im feeling good. I wake up automatically at 7-7:30 am and Im a bit achy but that is normal for a 51 year old female. I have became an addict after I had my first son at 23, and have had more clean time then using time, but within this 28 years of using on and off ijn my life, I get back up again. It was when my father past away that I found the Lord and have been a firm believer that he is my protector. Even when I want to get clean and cant do it on my own, I feel that he hears my cries and knows what I need, I know it is My God, and lifts me out of my situation and puts me in jail,(be careful what u ask for) because that is the only way to start my clean time. I can never do it on my own out there in the world. Jail is always ok with me when I know I should stop doing what I’m doing, and I hate it, but I know I need it and never get mad when I’m there, don’t get me wrong, I don’t like being in there but I know it is what I need. So I go with the flow.

I have grown children, my boys are all grown and my youngest is a daughter of 11yrs, my youngest son of 20 Is going to the Navy in May and my Oldest is getting married in August, so right now I needed to get my life straight to me here for these Important events in my life and theirs. I need to be that mother they deserve. God is my Strength thru this entire 108 days. I can go on and on about myself but this is all for now. Don’t give up and don’t give in to the urge and the Devil, Satin is a lier and comes in many forms. So be watchful and always know that if u ask God he will be there to strengthen u, but u got to ask…I love my Savior Jesus Christ…Cant do it without his strength in me. :grinning: :pray: :muscle:

4 Likes

Amen Rachel.
:pray:t2:
Congratulations on your 108 days. It sounds like you could use the peace and serenity of a clean and sober life and you’re worth it.
I’ve been know to say addiction is the Devils perfect plan. I’m pretty sure none of us started out thinking. :thinking: I want to be addicted. Not me anyway.
This is a great place for support. I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart::rose:

My personal fave.

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40: 28-31

Great, so maybe one of these days, he’ll answer my prayers and I won’t wake up in the morning.

AMEN, :pray: :blush:

Yo you ok?? Reaxh out and talk to someone

1-800-273-TALK

Thanks, but that phone number wouldn’t work on this side of the pond.
Anyway, there’s no helping someone like me.

You know what they say… at least I’m not on fire.