Going crazy here advice please

Hi I’m on day 6 and I am starting to feel very adgertated I got offered a glass of wine this evening I said no so all good there but I feel like I want to have an argument with someone I have told all my contacts I’m going sleep just so I don’t bite at anyone I’m not a aggressive person my nature but I feel like going on a rampage I’m not going to but it’s how I feel inside is this normal to feel like this ?

Sorry thus post reads really bad but need to get it off my chest love you all

4 Likes

Hey man, welcome!

I know that feeling very well! Each time I quit I felt it. It definitely falls in line with the withdrawal symptoms, which include:

Whole body: shakiness, sweating, or loss of appetite
Behavioral: agitation, restlessness, or irritability
Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting
Mood: anxiety or nervousness

I found what helps is meditation, even if just 5 minutes. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing, feel how the air feels in your nostrils, in your throat, in your lungs. Focus on the sound and rhythm of your breathing.

After a few minutes of this, you may feel a lot better. But don’t worry if you don’t, the best cure is time.

Another thing is to let people close to you know what your feeling and ask for some space. They may not understand, but space and being left alone will help.

Hang in there, it gets better. For me, day 6 was the absolute worse and each day after was better.

2 Likes

Thanks yeah I told everyone I’m in bed sleeping so that’s me alone for the night now it’s just odd been fine all day but for some reason last couple hours seems to be hell but I will try breathing exercises this may help and knowing day 6 was bad for you makes me feel better knowing that it’s normal detox symptoms

1 Like

Agitation and other emotional symptoms are completely normal.
What you should be focusing on here is that you said NO tonight. That’s an achievement and you should feel proud. That could have gone the other way and tomorrow you could have had regret.
Take some time now to do something relaxing.
The psychological symptoms will ease with time.
Keep going
:blush:

2 Likes

Keep your head up, with time it gets easier but seriously consider changing the folks in your life. Alot of my old friends couldn’t picture me being sober so I had to say that I needed new friends. It sucks but you’re worth sobriety. You deserve a good life and if you’re struggling with sobriety, you simply cannot use. You’re probably not a terrible person and I believe in you!

1 Like