Going on 4 days and anxious, but want to be strong

I’m anxious and trying to stay busy so I don’t think about drinking, but it’s not as easy as I thought.

You got this! I reset I’m back at day one. I asked my doc for lexapro it helped ALOT

1 Like

You got this as well. I’m shooting for no resets myself, but I’m not sure on this journey. I’m holding out pretty well for now. I never had any addiction until alcohol. I’ve tried just about every drug out there on multiple occasions and binges but never hooked until the drink.

The first week was so rough but you got this! Just keep staying busy. Make yourself a toolbox. I refer to mine often.

Hi and welcome,
First days are difficult, but you can do it!
Here is some stuff that helps me getting/staying sober, I share it with you. But here on this app you will find a lot of usefull tips. You can find them by using the :mag: button above.

• No alcohol in my house
  • Refrigerator filled with nice food and alc. free drinks
  • Telling my spouse about my sober plan
  • Avoid alcohol related activities and friends (at least in the beginning)
  • Having a day counter
  • Avoid wine/beer section in the supermarket and avoid liquor store
  • Taking a strong vitamine B complex
  • Taking melatonin to help me sleep
  • Be gentle to myself, like go to bed early, taking a long bath, etc.
  • Doing relaxing activaties like meditate, yoga, walking, etc.
  • When I have cravings: I don’t pick up that first one but I walk, run, work out, eat chocolat, watch Netflix, clean, study, whatever.
  • Ask for help when I need it.
  • Be here every day to read and check in sober.

What you put in, will come out: so give it all! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Make it easy try a meeting they will help you get and stay sober if you want it wish you well

1 Like

Yep…day 4…that’s when my anxiety would go through the roof. It would be wierd because I would just feel anxious for no apparent reason.

Slow breathing and walks really helped.

2 Likes