Going to do check in's

Just relapsed again, and I’ve decided I’m gonna start trying to check in daily, and I’m going to need to keep reading through the books my mom got about quitting this. Sexual addition is awful. :frowning:

3 Likes

Checking in and reading recovery literature is good. I’m going to be a bit harsh it doesn’t appear to be working for you? Maybe I missed them but when you get into relapse mode have you reached out? My suggestion is find a program and find even more support. It’s not going to feel like a reward, it will be uncomfortable. When I decided I wanted to quit for real I got willing to do anything. I quit looking for the easier softer way. Best wishes

1 Like

I’m not often in a position where I can reach out. And I haven’t been consistent with either of the things I’m trying to do better at now, so they wouldn’t have been working before. Finding a program and getting into it right now isn’t really an option, we’ve got a lot on our plate right now. I’m working on it.

Keep at it. Any addiction is difficult, and sometimes just reading ain’t gonna get it. Next time you feel the urge to relapse, jump on here. If you can’t jump on here, find ANYTHING ELSE to do, even if that means doing cartwheels down the sidewalk. (Try not to get arrested, that’s not much fun.)

But to @Chad_R’s point, if what you’re doing ain’t workin’, consider other options. Get creative if you must, but change requires change.

1 Like

Checking in, as I said. I hope this will help.

Y’all are right. What I’ve been doing, it worked for a little while but not now. I need to step up my game somehow. That’s what the reading is about, looking for new ways I haven’t thought of, but I dunno if it’ll help. I just know I’ve gotta do something.

Another check in. So far doing okay. No new ideas yet… but I did just get some new knitting needles. Maybe I could use that to distract me?

Checking in again.

I’m hoping I can make a week this time.

Was too busy the last two days but I got my clean week!

Checking in.

1 Like

Stay strong☺