Good evening friends

type or paste code here

1 Like

I really hope not.
I don’t have another recovery in me.
Doing the work has taken the need for a drink away.

8 Likes

I agree 100%.

3 Likes

Relapse does not have to be a part of anyone’s life who is in recovery…

5 Likes

25 year bender was enough for me. I think a relapse might be the end of me.

3 Likes

I can’t. Too effin old. Fifty-four years of altering my brain, my entire teenage adult middle age and elder dude life. ENOUGH! enough no relapse for me I just cannot

4 Likes

It will not be the end of you if you remain sober and this might in fact be the new beginning of your life. If I can do it so can you…

2 Likes

And with that attitude you won’t. The whole idea that relapse has to be a part of recovery is bullshit. Carry on with growing confidence and the best version of yourself awaits.

6 Likes

52 days and counting my friend. I need to stay sober for me and my motherless son. He saw me at the absolute worst and I can’t let him see me like that again.

2 Likes

52 days is awesome! Give alcohol a one finger salute into the Fuckit Bucket of eternity. It is a one way road to shitsville. It isn’t our friend and never was. GOOD FOR YOU!

3 Likes

Throw a pile of cocaine into the mix and it’s Shitsville with a ruthless dictator as the mayor

1 Like

Oh yeah…I did blow a few times to take the edge off my alcohol buzz. Those hangovers felt like I got runover by a train…Glad all that is a distant memory now…

1 Like

Ive not relapsed on this journey and dont intend to but i do have compassion and understanding for those who do and the reasons why, ive relapsed in the past but i think that was because i wasnt truly ready to be sober, this time is very different because im doing it for myself…currently 49 days so its my 50th tomorrow :blush:

2 Likes

Relapse is not in my list of expectations for what life has left for me.

I try to remain vigilant against it, keep aware and do my best to keep it from happening.

If I dropped this guard and expected it to happen as part of life maybe it would have by now?? Who knows.

4 Likes

Thinking like that is the fasted route to a relaps. I don’t know we’re you got that quote from, but in my opinion it’s total bullshit and not helpful in any way. Relaps is part of the addiction and not recovery.

4 Likes

Two absolutely brutal long term relapses in my past. I had a chronic condition called terminal uniqueness in which I thought I was different or I would be the exception to the rule. Figured since I was “smart” that I could do recovery my way I’d be fine.

Turns out I’m run of the mill. What worked for millions of people before me would work for me as well. Once I got my ego out of the way and was actually able to follow suggestions it’s been a much smoother ride. The only thing my relapses “taught” me was that being homeless sucks, but I already knew as much.

5 Likes