Good mornung all

Just been sat thinking about my anxiety as its so high also as coming of alchol i am 3 weeks clean from my 8 year strech on antidepressants witch where highly adictive i was weaned off them since december. Am wondering if thats why my anxiety is so high

What medication was u taking ? R u still on meds now ? I been takin medication 4 past 10 years some work some made me worse … do u have a special mental health doctor x

I was on paroxitine but they gave me a bad sleep disorder and insomnia so i had to stop them i suffer with depresson never been diagnosed with anything. I am no linger taking any medication

I am suffering with headaches and anxity and freeling panicky. I am 10 days soba today

Thankyou yea i plan on going to see my gp tomorrow and see what they say one thing i dont want to do is get back in my meds i feel so much better off them i feel a normal person. When i was kn my meds i felt no emotion i was just like a rock. I just want the head aches and the anxiety to go away now and i should be ok fingers crossed

Do you work out? Exercise produces natural endorphins which improve mood, burns off nervous energy which helps with anxiety. Plus you become physically stronger with more mental focus, and less sensitive to pain and discomfort.

1 Like

I totally understand that u dont wapnt to be on meds especially if they made u feel worse … it took me a few times of trying different medication until i doctors found what works for me … x

I am slowly srarting to work out just 3 times aweek if i have the time as i am very busy. But hopefully in a few months i will be in a better place physically and mentally thanks guys

1 Like

I might suggest www.darebee.com which has lots of workouts that require no equipment. 20 minutes, body weight, and a desire to be better, is all you need. 20 minutes. No one is so busy that they can’t find 20 minutes, especially when they don’t have to leave home to work out.

1 Like

I had a very bad expierence with quetiapine… its an antipsychotic. It made me a zombie and suicidal. Also never had a good expierence with ssris. Basically same thing happened to me made me very manic at night id be up till 5am cleaning lol. But when i stopped i kept getting brain zaps and high anxiety, i weened myself off but its rough for like a month. I wouldnt reccomend any ssris or long term medications like that to anyone. I have an anti anxiety medication take as needed clonazapam which i rarely take but just the peace of mind having it helps. The thing that helps my anxiety the best is staying busy. Working reading playing music.

1 Like

Also good job on the 10 days ur doing good bro

1 Like

Well i will see what the docs say tomorrow. But i definitely do not want to go back on antidepressants. been working out and been for run gonna listen to some music now and do some breathing excesizes. And thanks 10 days is just the start i can homestly say i feel so strong about not wanting to drink ever again but i do think about it 24/7 just got to keep strong

1 Like

Im in day 38. Yeah ive noticed my anxiety is alot less severe without alcohol i havnt taken clonazapam in like 3 weeks just because i havnt needed it. I dont know if my anxiety is less severe because im getting older and recognize what it is but it is getting better by alot. If i do take it i take about a quarter of a .5mg it seems to help or maybe im placeboing myself. Good job on all youve accomplished it isnt easy to feel level headed.

1 Like

Thats the name of the game, its always okay to think about it, diving in has always been a major setback for me. As the saying goes stay sober today. Then worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow.

1 Like