Good news movement ( no politics đź’›)

Hi friends :yellow_heart:
So I grew up watching the news. My mom had it on when I was younger every morning. I was the weird girl in college who had every news app on my phone. But during quarantine, elections I found that it was more often then not making me anxious and upset. I started to see it as a means to divide people and not just useful information. So I gave it up. Cold Turkey. Except the weather of course! I started following an account called the Good News Movement on Instagram. It wasn’t political but all about good things happening all over the world. Things that don’t make the network news. It seriously made me so happy to open it up and read it every day. I thought having something similar on TS might be fun and therapeutic.

Where you can share good news from where you live or just from your life. Sometimes it’s nice to read about good things happening in the world to remind us how beautiful life and all human beings are.

Everyone is welcome to share

23 Likes

14 Likes

Very nice :+1: :blush:

2 Likes

Sorry you’re thread isn’t getting action. But here’s a nice thing.

I’m not crying :cry:. You’re crying :cry: :joy:

4 Likes

This is beautiful. Thank you for this

1 Like

I missed your new thread! What a great idea to spread positivity! :yellow_heart::sunny::blossom: Here’s an article about the mental health benefits of cooking at home… something I love to do and find to be very therapeutic.

8 Likes

Awe I did tear up haha

1 Like

Of course :yellow_heart: feel free to post anything you’d like :blush:

Carolyn, I 100 percent use cooking as a form of therapy. When I use to get home from work I would immediately open up a bottle of wine or make a drink. Now I cook dinner. I feel like I still unwind and de- stress and I have a yummy meal at the end of it ( instead of a hangover the next morning :upside_down_face:) It has also been able to help my relationship with food. :yellow_heart:
Thank you for posting :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

9 Likes

Okay I’m done flooding my own thread haha
Just a little dose of good news for your Friday :heart::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

This thread is like chicken soup for my soul!! So glad I found it. Thank you!! Today I will keep a look out for all the good things instead of the bad so that I have something to post here! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I like this :heart:
Post what ever you would like :kissing_heart:

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-pinellas/93-year-old-man-is-giving-away-his-1-200-stimulus-check-need-it-send-him-a-letter%3F_amp=true

So this happened last year, but I remember being touched by it. A 93 year old man gave away his stimulus check- because he simply didn’t need it. He hoped it would inspire others to do the same. I shared the story on my FB and my grandma gave away her stimulus check to someone at her church.

-Also- finally a good “Florida man” story haha

8 Likes

Not bad news anyway, and cute too IMO. So. This lady walrus that’s been lost in Dutch waters found a place to rest in the Dutch naval base Den Helder. Her current roost is on a submarine of the Walrus-class (no joke).

8 Likes

I really need this one. I’ll book mark it. And hopefully read it :grimacing: I hope there’s hope after 60. Cuz I’m so ready to chuck it :joy:

2 Likes

There’s always hope! :hugs::purple_heart: I was telling Stella the other day about my love of cooking (especially baking!), and here’s what I said…

“I can throw a meal together without even thinking about it, but I found many years ago that preparing foods from recipes is therapeutic for me. When I use a recipe, it causes me to be mindful of what I’m creating, and I put more of myself into it. Reading the recipe carefully, gathering the ingredients, measuring and adding, the act of putting it all together… it puts me in an almost meditative state of mind. Add some music to the mix and voilà! You’ve given yourself a gift.”

4 Likes

:heart:

18 Likes