Good things happen when I don't use

So I’m now 16 days codeine free and 12 days alcohol free.

I’ve been on leave from a job I hated that was driving me further down, my depression was getting worse and I didn’t see a way out. My sobriety has really given me the opportunity to step back review my priorities and get my life back on track, I’ve not had an offer for a job I never thought I’d be able to get and a salary that I’m worthy of, we’re back to planning our wedding for next year and I’m regularly hitting groups and starting therapy too.

I never thought any of this would have been possible until I started to get sober and finally take control of my life, I’m waking up with a new hope and the best feeling everyday that anything is possible as long as I’m not using or drinking.

15 Likes

This absolutely happened for me too. I took a leave and then a job a lot less stressful paying a lot less, but I’ve maintained sobriety since then and never better. Keep going. And thanks for posting this!

1 Like

Congratulations on choosing to invest in YOU!!! Well done!

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 16/12 day victory :sparkles: :tada: Hard work always pays off. Right now you’re working on you. The rest will come together in time.

2 Likes

That’s wonderful Adam, I’m so happy for you! In sobriety, we do get that break every once in a while. Life doesn’t seem an undeserved, unintelligible black tunnel of bad occurrences anymore. And when it does get tough again, cos it will, we all know that, sobriety will allow you to see the beauty and possibility even in obstacles and pain. It’ll allow you to keep a clear head and advocate for yourself and your loved ones.

All the best to you and a very happy Christmas for you and your babes!

3 Likes