Got the job interview I wanted... No drug test needed

I used to like hearing the words " no drug test will be taken", now I’m dreading knowing I have no real stakes at hand.

I miss weed so much and it’s mostly on weekend nights like this.
It’s nice out, I can’t sleep, and I would just love a fat blunt. I’m luckily not linked up with any connects here, I can smell my next door neighbors though.:unamused:

It’s not just the weed I miss… I miss the art I created and the love of music I used to have.
Everyday I am figuring out who I am.
I’m happy to have my lungs clear but I gotta admit I miss the smoke​:sob: But hey… here’s to almost 36 days :fire:

Green tea cheers :clinking_glasses: :tea:

5 Likes

Being able to pass a drug test without worrying if your going to come out dirty . Great job

1 Like

Congrats to almost 36 days! As well as for ur job interview! It’s normal to an extent I feel, to miss certain things about our past lives or the “good” times related to our drinking/drugging… but keep reminding urself of why you quit :slight_smile: I used to glamorize what I used to do for a “career” and eventually I ended up going back to it. Or glamorize the drugs I did bcuz I “thot” they did something for me and I “thot” they provided some sort of purpose in my life. The reality is that they never did and never will. Guarenteed girl… ur creativity will come alive again and so will ur love of music. U might even appreciate it more now that ur clean! I had no sense of creativity when I used drugs and now it’s coming back for me!! Crazy what recovery can do! I’m proud of u :slight_smile: got my tea going on tonight also :wink:

1 Like

Interesting take yes fantasizing about use is common nothing new there. It’s a reality we all face

Especially since your new in recovery it’s almost too easy to miss the life were used to living the no accountability thing only goes so far, if your at your job you get hurt, or they suspect you of being under the influence your subject to a drug screen. And especially with pot that stays in your system for up to 30 days your out on your ass from that job, not exactly what you want to put on your resume that you got fired for failing a drug test,

Congratulations on the new job, finding things enjoyable without substance is actually easier then we make it just got to try

2 Likes

Congratulations on the new job. In regards to missing the action of smoking you can sometimes trick your brain with a similar action. However the art is different. I’m not an artist; stick figures are my best, but maybe you can find new inspiration somehow. Maybe thinking about how life will improve.

1 Like