Grateful for my AA family

I was so against returning to AA because I didn’t deserve there love. I feared going back because of the bad resentments I built. They were so nice love and giving and I was just a complete ass hole. Since I came back I have gotten love and comfort as if I never left. My 2 closest friends that I was a shit head to still love me and we are back to being the 3 musketeers. I missed them so much I’m ashamed that I didn’t admit that years ago! In my first meeting I new that that was where I belonged! I know it’s still going to be a difficult beginning to my journey but I’m excited for being back where I belong!

16 Likes

Thats great Ness back were you belong amongst friends. new the firat time i went to a meeting many moons ago now that i was home . give my regards to your buddies from a old timer from Scotland

3 Likes

That is awesome, glad the return went well!

3 Likes

Thank you! And I difenetly will!

1 Like

It’s pretty hard to get those guys to turn on you, eh?
Even if we try sometimes, they will still be there for our asses.

I’m glad you’re back man.
And I’m glad your people are still with you :wink:

4 Likes

What wonderful people in the fellowship we are so truly blessed.

2 Likes

Dude I told them they are a pain in the ass for not hating me lol

2 Likes

We really are and I will admit I missed them

1 Like

25 days ago a lady from the fellowship rang me and I’d had enough she came over with her big book and that day I did my step 1 … I’m so greatful she was always looking out for me even in my madness x

2 Likes

Such a pain in the ass! Ha

1 Like

Yeah when I relapsed they called a few times to check on me and I would just be an asshole and shut them down

1 Like

Seriously lol gotta love them though

Can you help me I’m going on 4 months sober and feel like giving up can you message me private

How are you doing @Jason2, don’t give up on your sobriety please, 4 months is fantastic. Have you just not been drinking or are you actively following a recovery programme. Working one can make all the differance. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like