Great Movies/Shows for Recovery 2020 to present

Thank you for this thread, I’m interested in watching more movies around addiction, alcoholism and recovery. Well now the ones suggested so far!

1 Like

Great question and movies!! I moved your thread to an existing one with lots of suggestions. Enjoy the movies!!

I loved that :heart_eyes:
Especially since we did a VRBO for 2 months in Venice Beach one block from the ocean. So much fun. Way too weird to live there though.
Reefer Madness. :joy:

2 Likes

What’s VRBO? I’m thinking its some type of accomadation, the first thing that comes to mind is a combi van lol. Those cool ones that you can travel around the country in etc?

1 Like

‘Country Strong’ is one of my favorite movies. Deals with the perils of addiction and fame. I admit it is lacking in some ways, but it captivates me every time and has some great music.

Vacation Rental By Owner

1 Like

Anyone have something recovery related that they are watching? I recently finished the series “Loudermilk” and really liked it. Clean and Sober is an older movie but still really good and relatable.

1 Like

I quite enjoyed “The sound of Metal” - watched it on Prime. The final scene got me right in the feels.

1 Like

Never Get Out Of The Boat. 2002. Its not a family movie. It is a recovery movie.

2 Likes

Kilimanjaro: Going for Broke

I found this documentary on Netflix very inspirational.

Four experienced, disabled mountaineers challenge themselves on a difficult route to the top of Africa’s highest mountain

Its about willpower, friendship and acceptance.

Just watched The Good House with Sigourney Weaver and Kevin Kline. The breezy trailer barely touches upon the true heart and soul of this movie…alcohol abuse, family and secrets. Sigourney is fantastic. Highly recommend it.

My fave recovery movies:
Smashed***
Half Nelson
Flight
“I” Origins

Docs:
Chris Herren documentary- “Unguarded”
Bob and the Monster

Shows:
Flaked
Loudermilk

1 Like

I LOVED this too! And was so sad they didnt make more seasons!

1 Like

I liked that one too!