Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Aww @Curtis-81 what a wonderful shout out. :slight_smile: thanks my friend. I didnt feel ready to quit but my pocketbook was sad and my therapist challenged me to set a date.

My tip is to quit at night then you have built a couple sober hours while you sleep. That helped me

4 Likes

14 days Tobacco Free :sparkles::raised_hands:t3::star2::pray::dizzy:

8 Likes

Hello fellows, been away some days, I fell on march 28, bought a pack and smoked one, tasted like cardboard, not good, it was not worth it, then I went to a gig and smoked some other I was drunk.

I had thought in possible scenarios though the day, but I thought I was not ready to go outside like to a gig.

I havent posted because I felt like shit, I was so proud but then felt ridiculous, it is funny, taller towers have fallen, so I should keep my mouth shut.

But still going still standing and willing to improve, doing exercise, and stuff.

Smoking bad, fresh air good.

8 Likes

Its ok @Pinto dust yourself off and continue your journey

Progress my friend

2 Likes

Great work on your 2 weeks Ashley! :tada: :tada: Keep up the amazing work :muscle:

2 Likes

Glad to see you back with us. No need to feel ridiculous when faltering in the recovery. We have all been there and are working on the same recovery. Here you are supported and cheered on to keep pushing forward.

ODAAT!

6 Likes

Day 8 in the bag. Cravings have disappeared now in the everything tastes like metal phase :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Wait till your sense of smell returns, you’ll notice the disgusting smells especially to begin with… Excellent work Nick. Keep going ODAAT and nothing will stop you.

5 Likes

I have just read through the whole thread while finishing my last vape.

This is it, I quit :no_smoking::no_smoking::no_smoking::no_smoking::no_smoking::no_smoking::no_smoking::no_smoking::no_smoking::no_smoking:

I tried before, last August, but I was new into quitting alcohol and didn’t want to jeopardise that quit.

I’ll be checking in here daily and plan to use the money I save to pay for a gym membership with swimming and sauna facilities, bliss!!!
:heart::v:

9 Likes

Way to go Kiki. You got the strength to push through… looking forward to seeing your daily check ins :muscle:t4::muscle:t4::people_hugging:

Love this determination

4 Likes

How do I add another counter on the sober time app…halp!!!

1 Like

From main page of app (in my phone) go to the three lines on top left
Go to manage and it will allow you to add more counters :blush:

Done, muchas grasias :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Phew, I’ve made it through my first night time and morning cravings. Lunchtime here now here in the UK and I’m feeling determined :muscle::no_smoking::muscle:

7 Likes

You got this @Dilettante you know how to quit and get thru cravings, youve done it before. Lean on your supports.

2 Likes

You’re doing great Kiki. I’m pretty sure you’re not going to break anybody’s hart by smoking. ODAAT and all that.

Just keep saying no.

2 Likes

Thank you @Cjp . Yes, if feels better knowing I have been through intense cravings with other substances and lived to tell the tale (the tale being it is much better on the other side!). I have been a grumpy cow today though, so short and snapping at anyone and everyone, not like me. Luckily, I didn’t need to see too many people today though.

2 Likes

ODAAT indeed…here’s the first 24 :muscle::no_smoking::muscle:

Thank you for all your previous posts, with ideas and advice, in this thread @Mno . They helped me get in the mindset and prepped for today :heart:

6 Likes

Impressive work Kiki :muscle: :tada: I know that the first 24 were intense. Keep up the strong efforts :muscle:

2 Likes

Day 10 down. Metal taste still there but I know it isn’t permanent. Feeling good. ODAAT

9 Likes