Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

That’s some awesome motivation!

It’s crazy isn’t it how we just spend that money without thinking about it.

2 Likes

How cool is this…ST will count you down…

4 Likes

Congrats on 7 years bamboo man! I’m following in your footsteps and used to spend about the same amount a day on stupid smoking. Two expensive bicycles and 4 trips to the USA I wouldn’t have bought and done would I still be smoking.

5 Likes

It’s crazy really. I’m not even counting the money I spend on smoking hash and pot here.

1 Like

8 Likes

Well done sir :+1::muscle::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just got this notification :raised_hands:

Nice that the savings from previous quit time stay there. I am sure I saved more but I couldn’t really work out how much I spent on average cos I switched between cigarettes and rolling tobacco. Regardless I’m happy that I have stopped lining the pockets of tobacco company execs and have the choice to spend my cash on things that are more worthwhile.

10 Likes

Go girl go! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Tomorrow is day 14 :neutral_face: There’s been times that I have absolutely given up in my mind and decided I’m just going to ve a smoker! When I think of the smell and taste I put it off till tomorrow

4 Likes

Yes @siand and @I.cant.We.can . Congratulations on putting up those days :heart: glad to be here caring for our lungs the best we can together :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Ah so maybe I’m cheating maybe I’m not.

But I totally picked up a Juul pod, in hopes of cessation my cigarette habit has been difficult to quit.

I have successfully quit before, with a vape pen, so maybe this time I can do it again. I dont care to vape as much as I did smoke its almost a deterrent.

2 Likes

Awww yay! I don’t really look at my cigarette day counter since it’s not first on my Home Screen…but today is 700 days cigarette free! It was a lot harder to quit something that would absolutely kill le one day, but DIDNT have the immediate effect like a hangover to deter me. All I know is that I made the decision with every cel in my body that it was the last time. Alan Carr’s Easy Way book was also a huge help to me. As are all you fine people!

11 Likes

books are good but we have to buy them we have to read them and we have to believe them, the rest is up to us. So well done you :+1:

4 Likes

Trying to avoid the counter reset, been 6 hours. I remember from before the 1st week is the hardest.

Driving and smoking has been a past time as well

4 Likes

Day 55. tired and emotional weekend. celebrated a year clean, made me want a smoke, I didn’t but addiction can really suck.

4 Likes

May the force be with you :mechanical_arm:

But you did great :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Thank u im on day 4 its nice to atleast no i dont suffer alone

4 Likes

I read through some posts. I’m day 40 AF not looking back. No cravings. Accepted this is my new clear present life and am so happy to indulge in sober life. Got me thinking about cigarettes. I roll my own and smoke a pack a day for 20+ years. Never wanted to quit. Never tried. Allen carrs book coming today. Then I’m gonna start my journey. I’d say the scariest part is withdrawal and cravings. Are they that bad? And congratulations to you. Also @Mno you have great encouragement advice and coaching on this thread. Thanks

3 Likes

Hi @Blake11 ! Congratulations on what :thinking:
I’ve heard good things about that book. We are all individuals but it’s pretty sure there will be uncomfortable sensations and feelings once you quit. Will you be tapering/ using patches or gum or else to ease withdrawal?

Edit according to my experience the withdrawals are not that bad, the procrastination of quitting is :scream::tired_face:

3 Likes