Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Grumpy new year to u2 and good night from Finland :wave:

3 Likes

One more hour and I will be tobacco free. New territory for me, but excited for the change.

3 Likes

3 Likes

And so it begins!

8 Likes

I’m getting on Chantix soon. I. Can. Not. Effing. WAIT. After almost two months clean from all other drugs and knowing how good that feels, I want to know how it feels to be truly free from addictions grasp, even though nicotine is far less addictive than what I was on. It’s the habit that holds me and most people back.

7 Likes

Well welcome to the grumpy a-hole thread!

2 Likes

Thanks man! You’re very kind. :smiley:

2 Likes

@Hidden Go on Chris!

2 Likes

I need a better counter. Is this TS app? Today it’s 450 from alcohol and 12 hrs 45 minutes without cigarettes… happy f…n new year

5 Likes

Welcome, yes the habit is a big part. But once learned away from habits like drinking I have faith in this one too. Done it before when I ve gotten pregnant but it’s such a great motivation nothing beats it… happy new year and happy that you’re with us :star_struck:

1 Like

Everybody ok? I’m still waiting for my big withdrawal wave. Just very tired, but I always am. Not feeling so grumpy or a-hole yet either :thinking:
Am I allowed to stay here though?

4 Likes

YES!!! I think your earlier post shows this is definitely the right place :+1::rofl:

Oh that’s just the normal me :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The app I use is called sober time.

How’s your f’in day going?

I’ve only been awake an hour and have wanted to have a chew twice. Swear to God I want it even more now that I know I can’t have it.

3 Likes

Stay strong and grumpy man :muscle:
The first thought I had this morning was that soon I will go downstairs/out to have my morning cig. Then I remembered… nope. So far stayin away from nicotine has been ok. I know it won’t last… the poop factor is there lurking

1 Like

Love how you always bring the sunshine! Lol

1 Like

Happy new year!

The first few days are the hardest! Sometimes i just had to lay down and suffer till i fell asleep. I guess I got used to taking time outs cause now i get sleepy throughout the day which isnt normal for me.

I can breathe better already!

2 Likes

You mean poopshine?

1 Like

Happy to hear you’re better with breathing :+1:Nicotine is a stimulant so it affects on your need to rest.

1 Like

Hahahaha, love it.

I’m still off of work today. This would be so much easier if I was working. Going to get my ass out of this house and go be around some people. Never chewed when I was around other people, just when I was alone.