Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

Stay close to people :joy:

1 Like

My experience when it was cigarettes, if it helps… No nic some time before sleeping is a great step.

Pro: I found I was able to sleep much better and quickly. That can certainly help the next transitions. And got used to some discomfort in early evening.

Con: I was reliving a small, initial withdrawal/reward cycle everyday versus one hard quit. That’s okay, maybe, if the discipline is there. But it’s something to take notice to prepare for next steps. How tricksy it is…

2 Likes

Good points, thank you! :pray::+1::kissing_heart:

1 Like

How’s you?

2 Likes

I remember those days!! :pray:

1 Like

Maybe you’ve said, but do you take them off before sleep?

Sitting in a meeting and slamming coffee with extra espresso shots! The people and the caffeine buzz are working for now.

Nice patch! Super sytish!!

I did manage to stop in 2015 when I was in treatment for 25 days, but only for the 25 days. The patch definitely helped then. I’m going to see how it goes for a couple of days though.

No this is for 24 hours and I need it in order to get some sleep. But I’m gonna use only one pack of 5 then it’s farewell. Have chewing gum too but still not taken it

1 Like

Huh! Maybe I’m weird then. Patch while sleeping always gave me tripped out sleeps. :woozy_face:

1 Like

When I used one I slept with it on. Didn’t notice anything. Maybe it depends on the strength.

1 Like

Truth. It was more the first step ones. I think they do recommend 24 hours including sleep if you can hack it.

Take someone with you as a hostage. You’ll need it.
Thank you very stylish :joy: that patch colour is really odd. I mean why cannot it be white, black or whatever except this “skin” colour which reminds me of olm.

1 Like

Yeah I believe so. Do you remember how many milligrammes nicotine your patch had @Eke? Mine is 1 mg

Yes. I need a hostage to keep me from chewing, nothing like prison time to get you to stop chewing!

1 mg?! I wanna say they were 21, 14, then 7 mg.

Edit: Yep! For those who smoked more than half pack per day

1 Like

I have to check it

1 Like

What ever it takes! :blush:

2 Likes

Wtf was I saying, it’s 21 mg. Sorry :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Those numbers look more like it to me, but I did it 20 yrs ago :joy:

1 Like

Hmm. Maybe I should get locked up. :thinking:

1 Like