Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products)

Holy moly its been a little over 8 months since i quit vaping! Thats crazy! Its awesome im not taking puffs every other breath anymore. This forum and getting thru quitting alcohol helped me realize i can quit nicotine too.

Smoking bad.
Fresh air good.
As @Curtis-81 says

13 Likes

That is wonderful news! The amount of time and effort we wasted just to be a dirty smoker is amazing to me.

4 Likes

So far ive managed 2 days without nicotine, bonus of being sick and not really feeling like smoking.

Previous to these two days, id only had 1 or 2 cigarettes a day for a few days.

Can definitely shift this feeling now qhen wanting one so gping to keep going and stay smoke free now.

10 Likes

9 Likes

Hell yeah @2JTravNZ

2 Likes

A short update on the wicked witch of the west.
She’s gone, thankfully. I’m on day 16 and I’m finally back to feeling myself. I was soooo on edge, felt like I could explode! Happy that’s over.

Today I was at a beachbar and normally I would crave sigarettes, but I didn’t :pray:

7 Likes

Yay you Naomi! You beat the physical addiction. Erasing the habit from your system will take some more time and effort. But you are well and truly on your way. Huge congrats friend!

3 Likes

Grrr craving a vape rn. Doesnt help hubby bought one :frowning:

4 Likes

Youve come to far forward to step backwards! :muscle:

2 Likes

oh that did not help but remember that you are so much better and happier now without it. OOF and remember the first week and the horror you felt – gone through so much to get here and you are stronger for it – sending you strength my friend :hugs: :muscle:

3 Likes

You don’t want that nasty stuff.

1 Like

I made it thru! I voiced the craving realsing its power. I addressed H.A.L.T and i remembered how far ive come and how i didnt want to put my shackles back on. Survived another day.

P.s. may have overcompensated with coffee :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nicely done CJ… great use of your tools and your strength.

Lol … some times we need something like coffee to help us get through the worst of the cravings. Hope you can sleep peacefully tonight :people_hugging:

3 Likes

You flippin rock jazz thanks for the messages peeps. Were stronger together

3 Likes

Thanks Menno. I’m not there yet and summer is a tempting time with ‘terrasjes pakken’, but I want to get nicotine completely out of my system. I’m determined :raised_hands:

@Cjp I feel you, if somebody would be vaping I’d be eyeballing them too, especially the fruity stuff. Congrats on not caving in :muscle:
I notice I drink more coffee too since I quit. I’m even craving instant decaf in the evening.

5 Likes

Hang in there @Naomi we’re in this together!

2 Likes

It took me a few years of tapering down, applying different strategies, several failed attempts… I was finally able to quit when I decided to use Crest White Strips to whiten my teeth. After the first treatment, I was smoking a cigarette and just realized the insanity of it. “What the f*** am I doing,” I asked myself. I wanted whiter teeth but here I was staining them and undoing what I had just done. After years of planning and trying and failing and trying again, that was what got to me. I was done. Enough was enough. My last cigarette was on May 18, 2023. No vapes, no fidget spinners, no replacement therapy… it was just one of those things where it was time and I knew it. Thanks for letting me share.

10 Likes

234 days no tobacco
Smoking bad
Fresh air good

8 Likes

Beautiful # @Curtis-81

2 Likes

Nice number sequence :wink:… amazing work Curtis…you are crushing it :muscle:t4:

2 Likes