Grumpy A-holes (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine products) (Part 1)

10 days no nicotine! i’ve had some cravings and have imagined giving into them - but i haven’t given in. i’m already able to breathe deeper, less anxiety, less cognitive dissonance. and i’ve saved at least 35 bucks! excited to just keep going. :pray:t3::pray:t3::heart::heart:

8 Likes

Loving the 2’s friend. Keep up the great work :muscle:t4:

3 Likes

Double digits :tada:. Way to keep strong when the cravings hit. Glad you are seeing and feeling the benefits of healthier smoke free lungs. Keep going strong :muscle:t4:

4 Likes

Hello all! Been a ruff day today, maybe I am just over reacting, but i have done some stupid shit in my job, nobody is dead, but it hirts my ego, or my sense of doing the right things and making the right decision. Where I live you can get 1 single cigarette instead of the pack, I bought one again and then I tossed it away, I remembered a stupid quote on a dumb book telling me that you can be the best version of youself on the worst moments, that and the thought that smoking and losing my streak will make me sad, I am just sad, sad sad

7 Likes

Close call but you made it through! Congrats friend. On we go. Never again. Smoking is stupid.

6 Likes

Funny how I forgot how long it has been. So proud of you all here fighting for freedom. Nicotine is a beast. Freedom is possible. If I can do it all of you can. Keep going!!!

9 Likes

That first week was rough, but I feel like the worst is over. The only thing I still struggle with is sleep. Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall asleep again is exhausting.
I’m pretty tired, so hopefully my sleep improves soon :face_with_spiral_eyes:
117 days AF and 8 days NF.

@Mno Can you imagine 40k, that bizar and amazing at the same time!:ok_hand::star_struck:

6 Likes

8.5 Years of One Day At a Time!! Soooo proud of you! It’s hugely significant… celebrate my friend. You could still be smoking… yuck!!
IMG_7661

5 Likes

Conservative estimate Naomi. Keep going you. You’re doing great. Thanks @Alisa! You know what I like :yum:

4 Likes

Now I know how you can afford that shiny bike of yours :sunglasses::wink:

6 Likes

One bike? You’re kidding me! Have a look at my bike shed Aga :upside_down_face: :sunglasses: :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

All the cases of bike theft in Amsterdam solved :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Would not have pinned you as a lover of omafiets though…

2 Likes

I had several. Before I had my own shed that is, left in the streets everything gets stolen. And I do prefer man’s bike frames, omafietsen are usually very wobbly and unsteady. Sorry for derailing all.

3 Likes

FUCK!!! Sleep is so bad this week. I’m at day 9. I have little cravings but damn those nights!
At 1am I was so wide awake I thought I overslept. Woke up again and again and couldn’t fall asleep anymore at 6am. Ugh, I have a full day ahead but I feel like I didn’t sleep at all :face_with_spiral_eyes:

It’s a process and I know it can take up to four weeks to get back to a normal sleeping pattern. I sure hope it won’t be that long, I’m fucking exhausted :weary:

6 Likes

You’re doing great w your quit just not w your sleep; I’m sorry.
Have you ever tried a progressive relaxation? It could be helpful. It’s learned behavior… once you listen a time or two you’ll be better at it …
I hope it will help you at least get some relaxation and rest if not some more quality sleep.

3 Likes

I tried them before and they did help a bit. Will get into it again these days, I’ll try everything to get a bit more sleep :wink: Thanks for the link Alisa!

4 Likes

Holy moly its been a little over 8 months since i quit vaping! Thats crazy! Its awesome im not taking puffs every other breath anymore. This forum and getting thru quitting alcohol helped me realize i can quit nicotine too.

Smoking bad.
Fresh air good.
As @Curtis-81 says

13 Likes

That is wonderful news! The amount of time and effort we wasted just to be a dirty smoker is amazing to me.

4 Likes

So far ive managed 2 days without nicotine, bonus of being sick and not really feeling like smoking.

Previous to these two days, id only had 1 or 2 cigarettes a day for a few days.

Can definitely shift this feeling now qhen wanting one so gping to keep going and stay smoke free now.

10 Likes

9 Likes