Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

For sure. Definitely in it for long-term health and mobility, especially given my issues. I find I go through it all too fast on my own, formal class helps me slow down and do it right.

5 Likes

Alright guys, I think I might need a change from my beloved rev pyramids and a bit more organisation w my busy schedule to make gainz across the board, not just on the DLs lol, and come back from this injury saga w some confidence intact… reasearching programs for non-novice lifters and really surprised on the volume of some of them say the nsuns wants 9sets each of two core lifts, including a 1RM (!Lol what?) plus ofc accessories. I would never make that. When I still had time I could do 12 heavy sets plus small stuff. On a leg day. Bit more on pulls but I can’t do those anyway rn.

I’m looking into 531, liking what I see, and wanted to ask @Zeekinout @Dan531 if youse got any spreadsheets for two core lifts per sesh? I know you guys do/did 531 but happy for any advice from anyone else ofc.

Much love. :heart: :fire: :boar:

PS @Runningfree @Mischa84 I have sth like this and it’s great: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51l9cAdGqvS.jpg

@TMAC it’s your journey and you’re on it. I never say this but you got this. You’ll figure it out.

9 Likes

It’s funny reading this, because I was just about to post this morning about having to switch programs. I was following something similar to that one that I think I sent to you for roughly 9 weeks. And it was entirely too much volume. The workouts were taking me about an 1:30-1:45. And I actually felt like I was getting weaker. I took an entire week off, and last night went back to a traditional PPL workout and felt great during and after.
I can’t help with the 531 cause I never did it but keep us posted if you decide to change up. :muscle:

4 Likes

Happy to read you’re feeling better! I’ve done PPL w reverse pyramids for a few years now. Always heavy and low reps, can’t do any other style, so I think 531 would suit me well.
1:45 is a long time to be pushing hard. I take that long on my longest days incl stretches and physio these days, tho time under load is less. Generally I gotta train shorter tho.

4 Likes

I hear ya. This was 1:45 of training time and it was calling for 5-6 days a week with supersets and giant sets included. After about 5 weeks, I could feel my body starting to break down a little bit. I’m not a spring chicken anymore. :grin:

4 Likes

I have no idea what you guys talking about but I love to read it anyway xD
I think I’m getting more and more into weights so maybe some time from now I will be able to talk with you :wink:
Stay strong!

9 Likes

I know you like logging with paper but I paid for this app (it wasn’t much) and its fantastic :ok_hand:

You can do pretty much anything with this app :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Very cool, thanks!

1 Like

Back in the gym this morning, but just physio and mobility exercises for core/hips/low back. Then I had time to burn so 15min treadmill walk on mild incline and additional stretching.

Felt good to be back in there but also felt strange going back. I’ve never experienced that feeling.

Back is fatigued after, so heat/ice to keep things settled. If today doesn’t cause any regression in my healing, I’ll be back Friday AM for the same routine.

Aiming to return to lifting Monday but not thinking aboit it til Sunday.

5 Likes

Get a great body and make them think you got a bbl

9 Likes

Gotta keep studying. No telling where you can find a place like that

1 Like

Something to add: whole new respect for vegetarian/vegan lifters, runners, athletes.

Since early last week, I’ve pretty much removed meat from my diet. I already hadn’t been eating pork for years and beef was a few times a month. However, without fail, I was eating at least half a pound of meat per day - mostly chicken.

Just grew tired of what I eat, and the texture of chicken especially became unappealing.

It is HARD to get in my range of 170 - 220g protein a day. Forget even sniffing 200g. Additionally, at least 90g of it is from supplements - protein powder, bars. Rather get it from real food.

I am aware of the higher protein non-meat options, but none of them are even close to meat in terms of ratio of calories/volume to protein.
Like of course chia seeds are a great protein source when I eat 6 freakin ounces of them lol. I still eat all these alternatives though (chia, flax, lentils, quinoa, walnuts, eggs, fat free cottage cheese, plain fat free greek yogurt, etc) but I’m just scraping 150g protein each day WITH supplements.

5 Likes

Why so high in protein? I thought the idea was one gram per pound of lean muscle mass you wish as goal weight.

Just asking as perhaps I misunderstood the protein targets.

2 Likes

Not necessarily per pound of lean mass, I’ve always read and go by 1g to 1.5g by per pound of total bodyweight. I hover around 170-175 these days.

1 Like

Okay, I get ya. I’ll have to dig more into cause I’m way low by that logic for sure.

I was told goal weight (say 200lbs), x 80% (assuming 20% fat) would be 160lbs of lean mass so 160g of protein…

I currently struggle to hit that (avg’ing about 130’ish per day) and about 54g is two mixes of protein whey…

3 Likes

@TMAC First of all, great decision on cutting off meat! Im not vegetarian myself, I enjoy some pepperoni pizza or polish pierogi with meat once for a while :wink: But for sure meat is not my thing, never was.

I’m working out quite often so protein intake is important for me as well. I know you don’t live in Netherlands but pretty sure in US you have options, probably even more :slight_smile: I found some bread for example which contain 11g of protein in one slice! And is very very eatable :wink: not bitter, not dry, maybe you can find something like this as well:

2 slices with for example cottage cheese or hummus and boom! nice portion of proteins.

Also every morning I eat some yoghurt with nuts and dates and since I found this particular yoghurt it’s another protein bomb

(28g only yoghurt + mix of nuts probably another 20-30g)

What I wanted to say is there are some good options but it’s important to read info on the boxes.

Oh, edamame beans are also great source of proteins and they taste so neutral, you can add it almost to anything.

Fishes? You like fishes? Tuna mixed with avocado on a bread - yummy protein bomb.

4 Likes

Girl you’re gorgeous :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

I second everything you said!! Edamame and yogurt are a staple in my diet. I got some vegan chicken nugs to try today and they have a decent amount of protein in them as well

2 Likes

I used this for my main 4 lifts then added at least 2 other cable exercises and just did 5 sets of 10 reps at a comfortable weight. Weekends I spend 3 hours at the gym so I’ll usually do many sets of high weights and low reps weekdays I follow the chart with 2 smaller lifts like I said in beginning. Not sure if that helps but it works for me lol plus it’s fun to use other workouts and make them your own!

5 Likes

Has anyone tried Ghost protein powder? I’ve been using premier lately but when I went for my reorder last night amazon offered that other brand and they have a cinnabon flavor. I’m a huge cinnamon fan lol so I’m thinking of giving it a try

3 Likes