Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness šŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

Going to check out another gym on Tuesday which is much further away from me but offers 1x1 coaching, nutrition coaching etcā€¦ I need a new program/routine for back, chest, legs so I can target certain muscle groups on certain training sessions and I just donā€™t have the knowledge to make this program on my own. Feeling bloody fantastic though. I continue to lose weight and am currently at 99.8kg from my starting point of 116.8kg on Feb 10 and muscle definition is coming along also.

4 Likes

Saturday morning. Time for the church if iron

13 Likes

Guys, this bitch squatted the 95% for 1 rep today and I didnā€™t die or fall over from fear. I had been dreading this day in the program but I somehow felt confident today and I just did it and it went really well, better than I thought. Kinda hoping if I make more of these experiences, Iā€™ll begin to trust myself more again and my squat fear will eventually subsideā€¦ Proud of myself today. Also 8kg more than I ever did, my top set sat at like 85% apparently. Phew. Now all the food pls.

:eyes: :boar: :fire:

(Also I wanna add that this is a mental struggle. Iā€™m not lifting in any way noteworthy weight on the squat and only been doing it for like 2yrs.)

14 Likes

45frqr4h6ZP6K9JGih

:grin::muscle::muscle::fire::fire:

6 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

On a weight cut but still making personal records! 505lb deadlift! Itā€™s only 5lbs more than my last record but itā€™s progress!! Feeling blessed for this new life Iā€™ve gotten to create for myself! The gym truly helps ease the mind and body!

17 Likes

Thats epic bro! Thats nearly 3 of me!!

4 Likes

Say hello to my little friend :joy:

Did all my pushups this morning, no dropping to my kees :tada::tada: used 20lb dumbbells for my shoulder presses and we had intervals of burpees. I did 25 standard chest to ground :tada: Feeling strong today :muscle:

18 Likes

Nice lil 4 mile run to conclude my workout

14 Likes

455lb squat today!!! Didnā€™t get it as low as I was hoping but Iā€™ll take it! The big three lifts are all new personal records now! Bench=275 squat=455 deadlift=505 so that means time to start a new 5-3-1 program with my new numbers!!! Day 744 of sobriety and never felt so strong mind and body!!! Keep grinding guys rent is due every single day!

14 Likes

Thatā€™s incredible bro! Great f*ing job!

3 Likes

Much appreciated! :muscle:t3:

2 Likes

Really great work Zack! Awesome to be cheering you on! :fire:

3 Likes

Not a work out selfie unfortunately. Iā€™m dismantling the home gym for the move. And Iā€™m building a 75 gallon aquarium stand with which was once the squat rack. Iā€™ll be ordering a home smith machine /cable machine that I found as soon as I get there next week, and then it will be back to workouts thank god. :v::green_heart:

15 Likes

Cool. Good luck w everything! Do we get to see the new aquarium? Will it be in your new gym?!

3 Likes

TY. Yeah itā€™ll be in there. As soon as everything is up and running Iā€™ll show yous. Mi casa es tu casa . :v::grin:

4 Likes

So howā€™s the tendonitis in that bicep area feeling. Have you been able to do your pull days without to much of a problem?

2 Likes

I thinks its healing, just slowly. The pain is decreasing more and more, also after rehab exercises. Iā€™m trying to get new physio apppointments cos I donā€™t know how to progress further w it tho. I have sought out some info on injury and tendons and it seems a lot of it is leaving it alone. So I try to do little. And also I have realised I was way way way overtrained and underfed in autumn. I was ignorant and brought this on myself.

Iā€™ve been eating more, especially rest day carbs are up by 3x the amount. Iā€™m trying to make rest a priority more - like a 12hrs bar shift without a single break where your legs are on fire the next day and you get hardly any sleep maybe should not count as a rest day. :-S

Iā€™m learning. If anyone has some solid trusted source of info on injury and overtraining prevention for someone whoā€™s been doing this a while, Iā€™m all ears.

I am doing 531 and that doesnā€™t have full on pull days. Iā€™m still barred from any curl, pull-ups or heavy row movements. I tested a bent over row last week and it aggravated the arm.
Iā€™ve been doing one armed rows and that goes ok, no pain after. Really miss doing pull-ups (and looking like I do pullups, not gonna lie) but thatā€™ll still be a long time. My PT estimated Septemberā€¦

Thanks for asking! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

The heavy dumbbell or EZ bar pullover is really the only exercise Iā€™ve found that really targets and stretches out the lats really well, without much of any strain on the biceps. I know how hard it is trying to work back and not pull and bend the elbows

2 Likes

Ohh, I will give this a try, many thanks!

Imma have to start a bit lighter cos I canā€™t really use my arm fully to stabilise during setup. Iā€™m limited even in say a seated db SP cos I canā€™t slowly bring heavy dbs up into my lap or back to starting position w my arm :roll_eyes: and anything I have to do more than 10times makes me nauseous lolā€¦

V grateful for the tip! :sparkles:

3 Likes