Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind) (Part 1)

hahaha intence!

Freeze frame hitting my 275# PR this morning. Coronavirus can’t stop the Gain Train!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Rad Indiana flag shirt from the company I got my power rack from.

4 Likes

Last piece I needed for my home gym, great piece for accessory work… now to clean up and get a lift in.

4 Likes

5 months sober today. 380lbs hex bar deads for reps. It’s crazy how much stronger I’ve become from sobriety, both physically and mentally. Stay sober and strong my friends. We got this shit.

6 Likes

Lots of planks and kettlebell crunches today. My core is dooooooookie.

4 Likes

Five months and 380 pounds are killer numbers, congrats!!!

2 Likes

Thanks man. Goal is 450, I hit 405 for one. Long way to go! But not bad for a old ex drunk Haha

2 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Somebody’s jacked, looking good bro.

Thank you brother. I work hard for it.

Gym’s been closed for nearly 3 weeks now, so I have to improvise.

-Regular pushups (varying hand width)
-Decline pushups off the edge of my coffee table
-Triceps dips off edge of coffee table
-Biceps curls and 1-arm overhead presses with the 20lb bags of ice from my freezer
-Goblet squat with bags of ice
-Walking lunges
-Various core/lower back exercises, mostly stabilizer exercises

Just missing stuff for my upper back, which sucks. Don’t have a pullup bar or equivalent, and nothing to replicate a rowing motion.

It’s not the best, but better than nothing in the meantime.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! It’s amazing what we can do without machines :+1:

lil at home work outs with this turd

8 Likes

Super cute Mike! Big parenting points here buddy - good dad work! :innocent:

2 Likes

Thank you Matt I needed that.

1 Like

I know it brother. I am not a father myself (yet - one day I hope to be) - but I know men in my recovery group who have kids same age as yours. We’re walking a journey as men in recovery, and as dads in recovery. It is a unique journey - and it’s important, and it matters, and we’re not alone. We need to be here with each other :innocent:

You’re a good dad Mike. And there are other good dads just like you, also recovering. You can do it, and we’re here with you through all the ups and downs :grin: :weight_lifting_man: :hugs:

1 Like

quick lunch break work out, nothing better then working out in jeans :roll_eyes:

3 Likes