Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness šŸ”„ (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind)

Back lifting/running after my scheduled 10 days off. 7-months post surgery.

Post-surgery, these breaks actually help. Prior to surgery, I wouldnā€™t feel rejuvenated at all after a week off. Felt GREAT getting back in this week. It really is so encouraging to feel everything in my body working so much better after fighting my spine condition for 4 yrs. I managed for those 4 yrs, but now weā€™re making bonafide progress, sweet cheeks.

19 Likes

That is so awesome man, Iā€™m truly happy for you. I know how demoralizing an injury can be when it keeps you from the gym so this is huge. Looking good!

4 Likes

No runs yet this week but has been a steady increase over the past 5 weeks. From 1 mile two days a week to 1-2 miles about 4 days a week. Still following a peloton program with walk+run intervals twice a week and throwing some fun run mile days in between. It has been feeling pretty dang good most days. The running is really making it feel like the strength is coming back faster and makes me feel a lot lighter and fluid in my strength training so I can hopefully start building up more weight there soon! :crossed_fingers:t3:

Very grateful for all of you that have shared your journeys of comeback from injury, surgery, or time off. :yellow_heart: :pray:t3:

12 Likes

500lb Farmers walk at the gym today, looking good while doing it :joy:

18 Likes

Day 699

19 Likes

Day 1134. Winter hat and a hoodie to keep my old joints warm. Shoulders/Tris today.

21 Likes

Push day aswell on d1208 over here. Happy place. :sparkles::boar:

5 Likes

I did it! My first 70.3 (half Ironman distance triathlon - 1.2 mi swim, 56 mi ride, 13.1 mi run). I beat my goal of 7 hours by 17 mins. Grateful to be sober and doing hard things :sunglasses:
This was something to check off the list but Iā€™ll be going back to shorted distances now for a while :sweat_smile:

37 Likes

Amazing! Great achievement! :boom::boom:

1 Like

Damn, thats badass

2 Likes

Thank you both ! (@adrivdahl )

3 Likes

Thatā€™s bad ass.

2 Likes

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
This is a complete sentence.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s great! I love long distance running and biking. I could never do the swim! Thatā€™s the part that blows my mind. How long does it take you to swim that far? Is it difficult for you?

Amazing!

2 Likes

Swimming isnā€™t difficult for me and I love it so that helps. I swam a little longer (2k total) so it took me 37 mins. Since youā€™re in a lake and thereā€™s a ton of other people you have to sight and swim around people :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! Youā€™re amazing! :partying_face::tada::partying_face:

3 Likes

Or swim over them. Iā€™ve been on both sides of that tactic and it can be scary!

5 Likes

:rofl: v true. Im so glad Iā€™m a confident swimmer bc the fear I see in some peoples eyes is wild lolol

2 Likes

Damn now thatā€™s a work outā€¦ I could never :cold_sweat:. Mad respect to you

3 Likes

Haha this is so true! When I do my routines I regularly think of ppl like you @fl_flower_grl and am secure in my knowledge that I am still 100% unathletic. I could never do that. But Iā€™m glad you can! :heart:

4 Likes