Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness 🔥 (TW gym attire. Keep rules #6 and #7 in mind)

You’re an inspiration! :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

Aww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you!!!

1 Like

Take out your pain in the gym, it’s the healthiest way I’ve found to deal.

Leg day… I couldn’t get the sixth on the last set but the weight was flowing pretty good today (my last set was suppose to be 300 but i was feeling strong and mentally unstable :sweat_smile:)

10 Likes

I do the same with the 531. I’ll get mad at it and be like 225 for deadlifts that’s it? Nah we’re going for 405 :joy:

3 Likes

My evening long tuesday run! Would love to know if any of you guys use strava? Find it is the only positive social media :slight_smile:

7 Likes

There is a strava thread around here

2 Likes

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! I use runkeeper and have thought about trying out strava but haven’t yet.

1 Like

I’m officially 50+lbs lighter according to the scales!

From where it started nearly a year ago….

Via here……

To here……

21 Likes

Very awesome! You can be proud!

1 Like

I use MapMyRun. Pretty good free app

1 Like

Did shoulders today. They are my weakest point lifting right now, kept it light and went to 110 for 3 sets of 5, then dropped down to sixty for for five sets of ten. And added some accessorie lifts. It’s so weird how one day and minute I’m feeling great and think I notice great improvement. And then today I feel like I look terrible and bloated… But this is what I’m in mental health for I was doing great with the negative self talk for a while, I’ll ring it back in

25 Likes

Hitting the gym makes me feel like I have some control over my health and stress. I’m up at 4:30am every morning and sweating by 5:30. I definitely find it easier when I’m sober and that’s a huge motivation. I’m also a runner and have some running goals that keep me focused. Currently have a goal of running a half marathon in every state. Headed to Arizona next week. Traveling for the first time, all alone and unsupervised. Big trigger but I’ll be spending my time at the gym and eating healthy and checking in here for support.

25 Likes

You look strong bro keep doing that shit for yourself. I only ever cut weight when I feel slow, I’m cutting down to 175-180 but only cuz I have to walk so much for work and I hurt less when I’m lighter… but then I’m weaker lol… never ends

4 Likes

Absolutely I’m not stopping I love being back to it. But sometimes my mind just wants to try and throw me off lol. All that matters Is like you said doing it for myself… Thanks man

1 Like

I get that way also. Some days i feel so strong and can see some definition. Other days i feel like i gained 10lbs lol our bodies change from day to day. And many diff things that we do impact how we feel. Today was not a good leg day for me. My mind just wasnt into it. But keep at it. Consistency is key! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have those days. where I’m thinking: man, what am I doing wrong? then I remember: I think wrong.
you’re looking strong, progress is defo visible. keep showing up for yourself like you do. especially on these days. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see some new upper arm definition on you! Stay the course man, you are looking healthy and great! :muscle:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

Had a very successful lift session today. Deadlifts made it up to 325 for a set of 4 raw with no belt or straps. Then dropped down to 175 for 5 sets of ten. 5 sets of 2 on chinups, I struggled there a bit :joy:. And a couple other accessory lifts in.

6 Likes

I deadlifted today too bruh… nice #'s

3 Likes