Had 3 cigs these past couple of days

But I’ve not had any drink or drugs even know my mate came round and he had a few beers I didn’t touch any but cause I had a cig I don’t really want to reset my sober clock so what should of do guys take the cigarettes off or keep it on and start fresh tomorrow and not have again then when I get to my first you just put I had 3 cigs in that time frame?

1 Like

Dude if you didn’t drink or drug that’s a win. I don’t care how many cigs you have. I think it’s great you are trying to quit, but if you slip and smoke a cig don’t let it hurt your recovery.

4 Likes

I tried quitting cigs a couple times throughout my recovery. The solution that i personally have chosen was to invest in a Vape and use very low nicotine liquid.

I feel like it gives the same effect without MOST of the side effects. I realize that vaping is not 100% safe but i feel like it’s a whole lot safer than inhaling real smoke. If you cant quit right now though, then dont sweat it. If thats what you need to take the edge off right now, then as long as u didnt drink or use then dont sweat it!

1 Like

I am on my 4th month of nicotine lozenges…

1 Like

Thank you so much that means a lot and I’ve tried vaping but it hurts my chest more and lozenges just get me a sore throat after abit don’t know why plus I think I’ll do it cold turkey tomorrow and I know yeah surprised myself even got my mate to download this app cause he’s struggling with the drink so am trying to help him come off it and get in the gym aswell😎

1 Like

hey good for you man. I have been saying im gonna get to the gym for the last 18 months haha

Do those work for u? never tried em

Yeahyeah keeps you focused on something lad then shows you how much you have improved yourself from not going on benders plus it makes you feel alot happier and positive in yourself

1 Like

They definitely work for me. The gum and the patch never did

1 Like

The little mini ones that you put at the side of your mouth ain’t to bad but gonna do it without tho tbh

No way well done and I know what you mean I end up dead stressed out not good but am just getting sick of all of the crap on my chest in the morning :sob:and I feel alot better not having one plus I want to get back into thai boxing so need to get my stamina back hahaha

I have a separate counter for alcohol, and nicotine. Have never had to reset the alcohol counter, but have reset the nicotine counter 3 times.

Staying clean and sober is the big thing. Tackle the other things like cigs when you’re secure in sobriety. At least that’s the way I see it. Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

I quit smoking 7 months ago for the first time in 28 years. I have not had a cigarette since October 18th 2017. I was also trying to “control” my drinking at the time. I didn’t completely quit drinking until 3/10/2018, and have had one beer since. I know cigarettes are considered the lesser evil, but he’ll they were hard to quit. I did the patch for 1.5 weeks, then got off the patch because I wanted to see what it was like to be free of nicotine. I’m telling you, there are SO many benefits to not smoking. For me, way more than quitting drinking. In any case, if you want to quit smoking I fully support you. But for God’s sake, set a counter for each vice. Just because you had 3 cigarettes does not mean you need to reset your alcohol clock.

2 Likes

Thank you guys yeah think am gonna do that and can you do like to clocks on here though or do you have to download another app?

You can do two clocks. To add a second, third or fourth counter, just tap the plus-sign in the upper-right corner.

Now, this might sound wierd but I never smoked at all when I was a drinker. Maybe a joint a couple times a year.

Then I quit drinking. Although there’s been a few days when I have had a relapse. But we’re talking maybe 10 days in the last 16 months. Better than the 300+ days it usually would have been.

But what I have done is started smoking. At times of real stress or in those social situations where everyone is drinking. At times where I would usually have started necking booze.

Now I know smoking is bad for me. But it’s the lesser of two evils. I can have 3 or 4 cigarettes and it takes the edge off the temptation to drink 3 or 4 beers or 3 or 4 bottles of wine.

So I’d say well done mate. Keep an eye on it. Don’t go all 60 a day.

But if those cigarettes have stopped you boozing, it’s worth it.

Alcohol and cigarettes will both kill you in the end so the long term aim must be to quit both but alcohol can make a complete shambles of your life in short order.

Good luck. Stay strong. Keep sharing on here.

P.s. I’m 55. Do I win a prize for being the oldest person to START smoking :slight_smile:️.

Yeahyeah just found it this morning lad :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I just what your saying Bro but if I was you I wouldn’t fall into that habits cause its worse than getting off the drink but like you said it does help but I just want to get threw it without anything so I can learn how to control my mind instead of it controlling me and yep I think you do lad never heard that before :rofl::rofl: