Had a panic attack at work today

Today is my fifth day of sobriety.

I work a very fast paced and physically demanding job. Today I was completely overwhelmed. On top of that I saw some people standing around instead of helping. Normally I have people around me that help without even asking. And I do the same. Id rather help you then see you struggling.

So that sent me over the edge. After a while I just had to walk away from the line and go to the bathroom. Halfway there I was hyperventilating and crying. I fell to my knees as soon as I got into the bathoom and started balling my eyes out and hyperventilating.

I just wanted to quit, go home, and smoke weed all day.

My supervisor saw my ugly cry face so now I dont know if I can go back and get over the embarrassment :sweat_smile::upside_down_face:

Does anyone else have anxiety/panic attack issues during sobriety? What helps get you out of the fog?

Edit I spoke with the higher ups and theyre going to try and find me a different spot. They said its just an emotion, and it happens to people there a lot. Im not the only one.

1 Like

I’m sorry you had to experience this.

I’m glad your manager saw it tho, embarrassing as that is it’s good for the manager to know, rather than you going thru it alone. Maybe use it as a reason to talk to them about the work pressure and how it just got a bit too much at that point because you’ve got a lot going on outside of work too (the specifics are not their business).

You’re human at the end of the day! We all are!

4 Likes

My first thought was not to feel embarrassed because she saw your crying face. Life is hard and we are trying the best we can! Being human is nothing to be ashamed of.
Sending you a hug, :hugs:

2 Likes

I rlly appreciate that thank you :pray:

and thats true, they did a great job of staying calm and treating me well afterwards. I may have a talk with them tomorrow about my placement. I dont want to lose the job in all honesty.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you for the encouragement. I appreciate the kind words. Ive not heard that from many people lately.

1 Like