Had the shakes today

Working on two days sober, had the shakes after I ate lunch at about 4p…the urge came on hard to get ready and pound some drinks after work… all in all, finished my shift at 8p, thought of any distraction to walk past the supermarket and went home to have dinner with my family.

8 Likes

Yeah I had them BAD at times for years. They evetually went away. So you should be good after some time passes.

My heart goes out to you.

2 Likes

Good job keeping your mind distracted to make it home! Sometimes that’s all you can do. One step at a time my friend.

2 Likes

Congratulations on day 2 :grin:

The strength you had today not buying or drinking will be what keeps you going tomorrow- waking up with the feeling of being proud you got through another day.
Glad your here.
Stick with us.

1 Like

Very well done!

I don’t want to alarm, but bear in mind that this can be a sign of potentially dangerous withdrawal symptoms.

I’d pay very close attention and consider calling a doctor for assistance on managing the rest of it safely, especially if the shaking gets any worse.

That said, if we stick to sober, we only have to go through the worst of it that one last time! All of this will pass.

Well done on two days of sticking to it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes