Had to start my clock over last night

Last night it got the better of me. I had 57 days sober. I felt ashamed almost immediately after using. And I’m definitely disappointed in myself. Not even 24 hours in now. Not even sure why I’m posting this. I have more than enough reasons to stay clean, and not one reason I shouldn’t.

12 Likes

Sometimes we trip man and sometimes when we dont catch ourselves on the way down, we fall. Its the getting back up that the strong people do. You got back up man. No reason for shame there. Be proud. You got back up man. Stand up tall, you’re even stronger now than before you fell. You got this

3 Likes

You’ll reach 57 again … one day at a time! Congrats on getting right back up!

1 Like

Examine those reasons. Get yourself into your mindset before you relapsed. Feel the feelings you didn’t want to feel then. We need to learn to deal with life without escaping into our DOCs. This way you can make your relapse not be for nothing.

All the best!

4 Likes

@Faugxh’s suggestion that you examine your reasons is a good one. I will caution you that reason and logic alone did not keep me, or anyone I know, sober. The habit of sober thinking that those reasons set up is necessary but not sufficient.

I stayed sober only after many years and consequences of drinking, when I surrendered to the commitment to sobriety. Then I took action every day, and I still do, to keep my thinking in check, to refresh my soul, to act in sober ways. My loop of thinking, feeling and behavior had to change to tend toward sobriety.

Reason and logic are great stuff. Without a fundamental reliance on something outside my own head, though, they will not suffice to keep me sober. I can come up with twisted alcoholic logic just as quick as sound sober logic.

Do what you need to do to stay clean and sober today, just until you can safely lay a sober head on your pillow tonight.

3 Likes

This is gold right here. Learn to deal with everything sober, and we can deal with everything, sober.

3 Likes

It happens my man. Sometimes hitting urself with a brick is needed in order to remind urself why you shouldn’t do it anymore. Now let’s get up and get you dusted off so we can continue this journey of sobriety. We got this ! #Strength #Positivity# love

3 Likes

57 days is impressive. You’re an inspiration to me. Way to dust yourself off and get back up. Just use it as a building block to propel yourself further next time. You got it!

1 Like

For some reason day 57 messed with my head too. I didnt drink but it was close

1 Like