Half a Year of Recovery

Congratulations!! Just another day, but it makes the difference :blush::muscle::+1::heart:

1 Like

Well done :smiley:

1 Like

Hell to the yes! James, I know you’ve had ups and downs. While that can certainly be a given on the bumpy road back, what isn’t is the clarity and compassion with which you see through the BS and carry on.

This is a very fine milestone to witness today. Thank you for sharing it with us. The whole kit and kaboodle.:v: :heart: :partying_face: :ice_cream:

1 Like

Jup I :heart: milestones! They keep me going day by day!
Congratulations with yours James! :trophy:
AC_SY400

1 Like

@Fatha You certainly can if you commit and work for it! Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Hmmmm… my entire life? It’s hard to be more specific! Even if it hadn’t been killing me, addiction was in the way of absolutely everything I wanted to do and become. Now that it has been demoted, I’m free to work on becoming a better person and pursue dreams that are no longer beyond reach, and it’s already starting to see results.

4 Likes

James -

Seeing your huge changes over the past six months…you give me so much faith in the human ability to find goodness in darkness, to persevere when hope seems fleeting. You are such a gift to this family of ours. I totally understand what you mean about milestones; they bring up many mixed feelings for me too. You are so genuine here, sharing your hard days along with your hope. Thank you for allowing us to celebrate this marker along your path with you.

Much love and so many congratulations…

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS! It’s so good of you to share your milestone! :wink: (I know it makes YOU feel good too!) Keep coming back! Hugs

1 Like

Why did I not see this 6 days ago?
James, sorry I missed this! I’m so pleased for you. I know you journey has been and still can be painful for you. But you are getting stronger, we can all see it.
Keep smiling my friend.:grinning:

1 Like

I agree about just seeing this. Six months, though just another day in your recovery is HUGE. I know so many people who can’t string 30 days in a row let alone 180. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes