Hand is twitching because I'm not Holding a drink

I’m new here. Haven’t had a drink in 5 days. I feel as if I’m missing something in my hand. Have very little desire to do anything other than to sleep. Is this normal? When does it go away ?

2 Likes

It is normal. You are retraining your brain.

There is a simple rule that helps me on hard days: I’m allowed to do anything safe and legal, to stay sober. You can too.

Can you take a walk? Call a relative?

Can you listen to an audiobook or podcast? There are many informative ones on sobriety - you’ll learn more about your recovery:

Resources for our recovery

3 Likes

Thank you for responding. No I have not. I just grabbed a book from my library to read as well want to start a journal. I’ve started going to the gym. Today I just feel out of it. I really wanted to make a cocktail or grab a beer and I didnt. I was asked to go to dinner and I said no to avoid the just 1 temptation.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’m glad I found this forum on my app.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 days. Great start.
My first few weeks I drank a lot of sparkling water from my favorite wine glass. Even in restaurants I would ask for a wine glass with my sparkling water. Now that I think back I was going through a ton of sparkling water. Always had a drink in my hand. But not booze. It will get easier.
But, just for today, you don’t have to drink.
ODAAT
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Oh and Welcome Rose. Missed that you were new.
This is a great place to get support for recovery. It’s way to tough to do it alone. There’s a fountain of information here from people just trying not to pick up that most important drink or doc. The first one.
That first one is the one that will fuck us over.
I hope to see you around on your sober journey.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes