Hard day but still sober family arguments but nearly through the day

It’s been a tough day not had my antiabuse as chemist is currently out of stock only first day so no emergency but still not great feel safer taking it daily.
I chose to avoid my meeting as I’m in a bad mood and argued with family over money.
Need to stop other people influence my day and sobriety.
I have hidden away today and not sure how to snap out of this downer.
I will not drink don’t want to but feeling lonely as a result.
2.5 hours and it’s a new day.

Let’s hope for a better day tomorrow 1 month and 15 days sober very soon. First time in about 12 years been this sober so I have that to be grateful for :pray:

11 Likes

Stay strong you got this

1 Like

Avoiding meetings is a bad choice. You state that you miss connection and isolate. This are patterns that occur previous to relapsing. Stay connected. Especially when you deal with family issues it’s necessary to change the environment and talk about it. Addiction is the opposite of connection. Stick to your sober toolbox and get out of your head. Sending you hugs and compassion :people_hugging::sunflower:

5 Likes

Thanks very much I know it was the wrong choice but I felt so low I just didn’t want to walk anywhere. I have thought about drinking today only the second day I’ve felt like this since I became sober 45 days ago. Most days I’m good but I need to be honest with myself and I like this group here to vent and get support.
I’m going to an 11am meeting tomorrow and hopefully I will have a better day.
It’s nearly the end of a bad day but the good news is no relapsed and I don’t want to now.
:heart:

3 Likes

We all have to take the bad days with the good forget about today and start fresh tomorrow…if you feel you are doing your very best to try and turn your life around well then forgot about any arguements especially about money…your more important than any amount of money keep going my friend you are all over this :muscle:

3 Likes

There’s always online meeting options, so you can sit and lay low, but also listen and absorb.

1 Like

Thanks I like addiction is the opposite of connection :heart:

2 Likes

Put your sober head on the pillow. I pray for and wish you a restful sleep. We start our life every day anew again when we wake up. Tomorrow is a new ODAAT :people_hugging:
A pro tip: Not thinking, just doing. Gets me a through a lot of my days.

2 Likes

Been to a meeting this morning within 2 minutes I felt better now it’s finished I feel fantastic I was sitting at home last couple of weeks thinking didn’t need to go putting them off.
I am so glad for everyone to comment and support.

Here’s to a good sober day :pray::pray::heart::heart:

2 Likes

I’m happy to hear you went to the meeting and feel connected. This is so important to stay stable in life. What are you planning for the rest of the week to support your sobriety? More meetings available or online?

1 Like

More meetings definitely after 5 mins I was feeling better just listening I will have a look for some online ones as well never tried yet. Thanks

3 Likes

That’s a good idea. Keep us posted here how you are doing :sunflower:

1 Like