Hard to meet someone and find positive things to do without drinking

I feel discouraged finding positive things to do without wanting to drink. Also, finding a possible partner who is in the same path as you. Thinking about joining AA to find similar, like minded people.
Any success stories? Recommendations? :mending_heart:

8 Likes

Welcome to the community Britt. This is actually a really good place to get to know people who are like minded in what they’re going through. As far as hobbies, the gym is also a great place to be able to blow off steam and just clear your head in a alcohol free environment. Glad you checked in. :v:

2 Likes

Yes! I’m very active in my AA group, and I socialize with a lot of the ladies from AA. One of the best supports for my sobriety!

3 Likes

I love the support of AA and ive made some great sober friends through AA. Give it a try and listen for similarities not differences

2 Likes

I have never been to a meeting, but I am pretty sure it would be a great place meet new friends who do not drink and who would share an interest in doing stuff that doesn’t involve drinking. Going to get coffee, or taking a walk or hike, hitting the gym or taking a bicycle ride, visiting a park or museum, watching a movie, visiting the library for a book, going out for a bite to eat or just sitting around chatting are all fun ways to get to know others (and ourselves) and don’t involve drinking. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hey have you gone to any in person or online meetings yet? There are online meetinga around the clock and you can find em with the in the rooms app or the everything aa app

3 Likes

Try a meeting ive been going now for over 36 years lots of friends made over the decades wish you well

3 Likes