Hard to stay focused

The only people that have supported me after my dui are my children, parents and best friends. It hurts that the love of my life doesn’t even though we aren’t together.

You actually pretty lucky to have so much support, focus on what you have and soon what you dont will not be as important

3 Likes

Sucks because I was there for that person even after our breakup still till this day 2 years later. But I guess some people have bigger hearts than others.

There’s a saying: If you walk 100 miles into a forest, it takes a 100 miles to walk out.

This was a lesson that I learned the hard way. When I first tried to get sober, I was so proud of myself for being a month without a drink, but my wife didn’t share in my enthusiasm. A month didn’t erase years of selfishness, neglect, abandonment, embarrassment, the stupid decisions I made, or having to pick me up from jail with an infant in tow after a DUI arrest at 3 in the morning.

I wish it did erase everything, I wish there were shortcuts, but there aren’t any shortcuts, only hard work and hard lessons to learn.

I ended relapsing for several months after that, because the resentment ate at me, because I didn’t want to walk 100 miles out of the forest.

5 Likes

If I do a kind gesture for someone and expect one in return and got resentful if I didn’t get it I guess I was just looking for something for myself all along. Give for the sake of giving your life will be so much fuller.

2 Likes

Thank you for the responses it helps me so much.

2 Likes