Hardware upgrade

Hi Talking Sober community,

The community has been slow and laggy the last few days. @SassyRocks reached out to me. I did some maintenance on our infrastructure, which improved things a little, but didn’t solve the problem.

Today I’ve been busy with further investigation and maintenance. I noticed that, with growth of the community, we’re running closer to the limit of our resources. Our CPU usage was quite high, but most notable was our RAM usage. We were running at 99-100% RAM capacity during peak times. There simply weren’t enough resources to accommodate everyone.

So I have upgraded our hardware. I’ve doubled our CPU cores and our total RAM. Things should now be much, much smoother. From my initial testing, it certainly feels that way.

For each of these, the system had to be shut down, upgraded and started up again. This meant the community was down for about 1-2 hours today. Sorry for the downtime, but I trust everyone understands the reason behind it. Now we can carry on using the community as usual.

Thank you to all of our Premium subscribers for making things like this possible.

Robin

34 Likes

Thank you Robin!!! Forever in your debt for creating, nurturing and maintaining Talking Sober!!

16 Likes

Thank you @Robin for keeping this community going and making it easy for us to use. It truly is appreciated :pray:

8 Likes

It’s running like a little sun (als een zonnetje in Dutch)! :sun_with_face: Thanks Robin!

9 Likes

Thank you!!!

4 Likes

Much improved! Thank you, @Robin and thanks to all the premium subscribers also!

5 Likes

Thanks for keeping everything running smoothly Robin!

3 Likes

I bloody love this place!! Thanks for keeping it ship shape @Robin :pray:t2: :raised_hands:t2:

4 Likes

Thank you for this space for us all, I think for many of us it’s our second family/home :house_with_garden: for me it is definitely :grinning:
Very grateful for being able to be apart of it and Grateful to those keeping it going also.

3 Likes

Appreciated very much, your community has done so much for myself personally and so many others, the hard work doesn’t go unnoticed :heart_hands:

3 Likes

THANK YOU so very much Robin for creating and maintaining this beautiful community. Will forever be grateful for you!

3 Likes

Thank you Robin for your dedication in keeping this up and running for everyone. I appreciate you and the mods for all you do! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank You!!!

2 Likes

You da man, Robin! Thanks as always.

2 Likes