Has anyone tried NALTREXONE?

Wondering how this medication made you feel in the beginning and long term, thank you

1 Like

I tried it many years ago. It did help with cravings for me. However, I found over time that it made me feel really down and angry…it was blocking too much of something for me, so I stopped taking it …and kept drinking for about a decade more.

2 Likes

I take the vivitrol shot. The first few days I feel tired and some muscle aches, but then it goes away.

1 Like

No the oral

1 Like

I started it yesterday and I don’t feel well at all

I have been on it for a year now and in my eyes, it saved my life. I don’t have any side effects that I’m aware of. But honestly, anything is better than the side effects from drinking.

I’m also on two anti anxiety meds as well. I have been trying to get sober for over 30 years.

Placebo or not, naltrexone saved my life. At first I felt like I was cheating. But you know what? I gave everything else a very, very solid go. With naltrexone, the tape automatically goes right to the end, so the thoughts of drinking are squashed immediately. The thought of drinking is repulsive to me. Yesterday I celebrated one year sober. That’s the most time I’ve been able to put together since my 20’s. I can honestly say, I will never stop taking it.

That’s my emphatic $0.02.

I hear a lot of people here say they don’t like to take anything which always makes me chuckle. They didn’t mind poisoning their bodies with drugs and alcohol, but something that could potentially save their lives is off the table?? :woman_facepalming::face_with_monocle: I just don’t get it.

5 Likes

I think I felt weird my first couple of days. I take it before bed now and I’m on 50 mg

2 Likes

That is awesome and super huge Congratulations on your year! That went by fast from my point of view of course!! I am sure not so fast for you. I have always admired your determination!!

1 Like

I hear you girl. Makes me chuckle too.

1 Like

Thank you!! It actually went fast forward me too :heartpulse: Glad you were here before and during xo

2 Likes