Has anyone used Naltrexone?

Has anyone used Naltrexone? I started using it last night and woke up this morning feeling so nauseous and had to puke. Will this go away or is this a common thing?

Thanks in advance!

Morgan

2 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood! Lot of love and supportive. As for the medication. I am NOT a doctor but i have worked with numerous clients that have utilized naltrexzone to curve alcohol & opioid cravings. I have had a very few that reported nausea but they all said it passed after their bodies began to adjust to the medication and post acute withdrawal symptoms. I would keep a journal for your doctor and report these symptoms to them to see if you should stay the course or try another medication. I know there are other individuals on here that are taking that medication so hopefully you will get more feedback. What other steps are you taking to sustain your abstinence?

Godspeed. Hydrate. Stay with us. There is some very solid recovery on this forum. :100::heart:

Hey Morgan,

Welcome to sobriety and congrats on starting! There’s another recent post on this but no reports of nausea. Are you taking this for alcohol?

I do know that it is not advised to start naltrexone for at least 10 days post sobriety from alcohol otherwise it is likely to cause nausea. If your sober date it right and you used it last night, maybe it was slightly early?

Hi Morgan i hope all is better with taking Naltrexone .First off i am not a doctor but i have taken the medication and Also i gotten the shot form vivitrol .im not one to push big pharama; i actually found early success with the shot and also going to meeting and staying active. it maybe a thing to tell your healthcare provider a side effect it keeps being constant would not be a bad thing to bring up but my overall experience was nothing like that . i felt light headed tho sometimes when coming off the vivtrol shot at the end of the 28 days but the naltrexone actually helped combat that feeling.it got serious someday like dizziness and just feeling light headed.i hope you feel better taking it

1 Like

You can search Naltrexone on the search feature here to see other posts. I remember posting my experience with it when I tried it back a few years ago. Wasn’t great for me but works wonders for others.

1 Like

Hi @MWeir97 I started taking it back in December while in treatment and still to this day every so often I’ll have stomach pain, just an ache. It usually goes away in about an hour or so. I don’t know what determines when it acts on my stomach that way, just comes and goes. Never experienced the puking.