Have been sober for 8 mount no, but have had a relaps now!

Have been sober for 8 mounth, but now I had a relaps for 3 days. I am so I have such guilt. and so foolish, and how painful it hurts when I feel this. Is a real break in my self-esteem, and I get so desperate about this action. I hope I can bring this in, have to try and stick more to my higher power. may hope it helps but self confidence is so weak during the day. what should I do?

6 Likes

Whenever I want to drink I write the list of all the reasons I want to quit. And list the things I could accomplish if I stay sober.

2 Likes

Oh I feel you so much. I started drinking last year after staying sober for 7 months. Well done on coming right back on here. To break this cycle again. You know exactly what to do. The first days and weeks are hard but you will feel better eventually and put all your effort in your sobriety now. You’ve done it once and you can do it again. And the best thing is you don’t have to do it alone. Don’t give up. Ever. :muscle:t5:

4 Likes

Learning curve…
You know now from your mishap a couple of things… You still have an issue with your DOC. You know what led you to pick up.
Now take that knowledge and utalise it, know for the next time you feel yourself slipping change it… Ypu still have those 8 months if sobriety you did that and you can do more.

Talk, dont be si hard on yourself
You deserve your love and self worth x

Being honest and admitting you slipped thats a change, no excuses you relapsed, get back up and do it again.
I believe in you and your higher power believes in you!

1 Like

Never give up on ur self I was sober for 6 years and relapsed now I’m 1 week sober take one day at the time hang in there :white_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you all, for good words. Thats hels allot! I feel alittle better after just putting worsds on it here, so I don`t sitt here with it by myselfe and drive my head around it. Thanks!

1 Like

We’ve pretty much all been there and here we are again sober, some people’s journeys are a little bit longer than others but we keep going and the only thing any of us can do is our best. We didn’t choose this illness we are just the unfortunates but we do get to decide how hard we’re prepared to fight and for how long and how far. We choose life!!

1 Like