Have to reinstall app each time I close it

Hi - sorry if this is answered somewhere. I searched and couldnt find it.

Everytime I close the app and try to open it again, my counter hasn’t reset and the forum wont open - the wait circle just keeps spinning until my phone times out.

Any ideas?
Thanks

@aircircle tagged you in the ongoing development, linking here also: App not working on android

1 Like

Thanks very much!

What do you mean by ‘my counter hasn’t reset’? This sounds like normal behaviour.

I recently reset my time sober. Whenever I reopen the app, my counter shows the previous pre-reset timeframe

I’ve never seen this before… If you reset the counter, does it then show correctly? But after you restart the app it’s back to the old value?

That is correct. I’ve deleted the cache but it is still doing it.

Have you tried a reinstall?

Could you send me your app version and operating system version?

Yes have reinstalled, still broken.
I’m on android 8.1.0. And using whatever version of the app downloads on the play store now.

The forum page is not loading for some people, it’s an ongoing issue that I’m working on.

As for your reset issue, it’s probably because you’re uninstalling and reinstalling. Android & Google Play does have a auto backup of app data service. So it probably keeps restoring it to before you did the reset.

If you do a reset and you see the counter go to 0, then it means that the app has updated it. It’s written to the local database.

2 Likes