Having a bad day? 😉

Hi fellows, not sure how should I start. I’m sober for 7 days already, not really do want to count days but it’s nice to get medals of achievements here :grin: It was a kind of a challenging day since morning, some good attempts by external ‘forces’ to mess me up a bit… but I decided to let it go off my mind and not to pay attention to those anymore. As the morning went by, a colleague sat next to me, nice colleague but he did smell like a homeless…hmmmm…I didn’t move as there wasn’t any free desk at that time… could have moved elsewhere but didn’t want to hurt his feelings I guess. Patience patience, exercise patience…smell…patience… It wasn’t enough to test me. My leader moved my development meeting 6 hours earlier, so couldn’t prepare myself properly and went almost blind to that meeting. Lessons learned, prepare during Sunday,one day earlier. Even that wasn’t enough. Can’t go into specifics, long story short - I did utmost last week to ensure it all gets smoothly processed, performed due diligence, proper communication etc even feeling proud of myself how well I managed. But things messed up this afternoon, because they could - it’s simple as that - and I was in intensive stress to resolve things in extremely urgent manner with quite a number of people. Not yet fully resolved, tomorrow will be. Now coming home by car, another car almost hit me as the lady went on red lights… I managed to brake all good but decided to follow the lady, she eventually parked and told her the crossroad is well known for serious accidents…I was calm, she admitted her mistake from beginning and apologized. I went home and was thinking of drinking… Instead, I put my running clothes on and did 10km at slow pace. Clear mind, satisfied by myself. Sometimes life throws at you things at various level of intensity and complexity, but I guess it’s good to take a moment and think how badly we want it to hurt us, influence etc. Have a great day and any warm words would be of great support :heart:

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing your day, I really enjoyed reading it and it sounds like you dealt with a lot of different stresses in a great way. I’m really proud of you and will remember what you’ve said next time I’m feeling stressed.

1 Like

Wow, what a day you’ve had. And you managed it all perfectly well. Congratulations on that.
Hope the day today was a bit smoother to you.
Have a restful and peaceful night tonight.

Thanks for sharing and keep on keeping on.

1 Like