Having a hard time stressed

Right now i am having a hard time feeling useless and that i am unable to financially take care of my kids because of not being able to work due to mental issue with my son. I am not sure what to do. Ive been trying to come up with ways to get money but i am not sure how. I do get child support but that is only enough to pay rent and phone bill. I am super stressed and not sure what to do or where to turn to get some help and relief. Its been making me think about using.

7 Likes

Hi Connie,

I’m glad to see yoyu raching out for help. I don’t really have advice for you on how to take care of your finances but I do have advice on what not to do. Don’t use!!! It will only get you deeper in the hole. A financial hole, a physical hole, a mental hole. Sober and clean you have your wits and you’ll need those to take care of you and your kids. Hoping you’ll find the support you need Connie. Maybe go and visit a meeting like NA is an idea?

5 Likes

I do go to NA in my local area regularly and i do have a great sponsor. Just also reaching out other places.

7 Likes

That’s great. Hope you find some more support here. I sure have.

2 Likes

Do you have any hobbies that you can turn into a money maker? Like some type of crafts? Etsy is a great place to sell homemade items.

Have you investigated remote work? Because of covid, many companies have found remote more cost effective and that’s all they hire now.

I have a daughter with disabilities and when she was young, her school helped me with resources. I was able to get a state paid respite worker to come into my home a few hours a day. I also leaned on family members and friends the rest of the day. With that help, I was able to sustain a full-time job. Eventually that job let me work from home which was a huge relief.

Remember that using will only hinder your efforts to find a solution.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you are struggling.You are not useless. You are working hard at sobriety. You are trying to do the best you can and I’m sending you strength and support. Keep in mind what matters most. You’re kids need their mom sober even if money is tight. Using will only make things worse. Please let you know how you are doing now. :heart:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh, I needed this. THANK YOU.

2 Likes

You’re welcome, it’s my favourite favourite quote :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

None of this is easy especially wen u think u have everything under control I’m too scared to admit av lost control especially after doing so well recently and tbh I’m happy but unhappy really nothing making sense just now I have my kids every day and lose everything wen they go to bed really don’t know where am going with this but all in all been a heavy week

1 Like

Using will take some of that money you desperately need during this time. Using will also take your energy and mental clarity. Give yourself some breathing room to think about a solution rather than taking yourself out of the equation. Stay strong, you got this!

2 Likes

I’ll be praying for you n only thing I’ve found to do is to not worry about bills kids or anything but my relationship with god first n myself getting better it’s hard but it’s only thing you can do cause I’f u can’t help yourself u won’t be able to take care of your kids or Handel anything else n thoughts our thinking is our worst enemy stay outta your head most important thing I to had to take care of myself n my relationship with god I was in a recovery program for most of my 14 months sobor n clean I’m just now n last couple weeks finished up n started working again I understand what you are feeling n going throw trust me clean house help others n build relationships most important relationship being your higher power god n work steps n heal

1 Like