Having a lot of trouble

Hope youre okay!

2 Likes

Thanks so much :revolving_hearts: @LeeHawk @TryingJoy @Corey1982 @Andrew2 @Dancingwheel @ELY83 @SoberGuyUSA @Cjp @MooseTracks @King_of_Sam words cannot express how much you helped me in this moment and beyond! I’m still here fighting and sober and beginning a treatment plan for my recovery. And honestly I have you guys to thank.

7 Likes

So glad to hear this!! Brilliant you are for reaching out when you needed help. I am so glad to hear that you are on the path to recovery❤️ What is working for you so far?

1 Like

Honestly medication has helped wonders just calm my mind and help me focus. I’m on a mood stabilizer and I finally realize there ain’t no shame in the medicine game. And then doing things I know are going to help me and not hurt me. First and foremost staying sober. And then eating right and regularly, hydrating, getting outside and getting some exercise (thankfully I have a puppy which makes it much easier as I don’t really have a choice), painting, music, dancing, writing, getting a good night’s sleep and being more mindful of what I’m doing while I’m doing it which takes practice but it’s getting easier. And puppy cuddles. Puppy cuddles definitely help. This forum has helped me immensely too. I’m pretty shy so being able to reach out here and also read other people’s journey has helped put my own in perspective and has made me feel more connected. Also I think finally addressing the wounds my parents caused and working on forgiving them which I know will take some time but hoping to get there.

3 Likes

Please seek out a psychiatrist. Please

1 Like

I have an appointment early January and will definitely follow through with meetings as nervous as I am. I know it will help.

2 Likes

That is fantastic news! I am so glad to see that the recovery program you are putting together is helpful. I agree, puppy cuddles ALWAYS make life better. And you are absolutely right: reaching out for help (therapy, medication, emergency services, 12 step programs etc) is never something to be ashamed of…just really really proud that you are fighting for your sobriety :heart:

@Soberbilly I think she did since she’s saying she is on mood stabilizers?

2 Likes

Hey so I know my mom is calling me the nick name couch I guess cause I always sleep on the couch and I really do fucking hate her and my whole family including my dead dad. I know I’m being watched and for some reason I just want to kill myself to make them all happy and so they just shut the fuck up. Anyone else struggle with this?

1 Like

“I know I’m being watched and for some reason I just want to kill myself to make them all happy and so they just shut the fuck up. Anyone else struggle with this?”

I’m trying to understand this. This is very concerning. Have you been able to speak to a psychiatrist not a M.D. a psychiatrist. I feel like you are out of touch with what is real. Please consider calling 988 suicide and crisis hot line. Also you can try https://www.talkiatry.com for personalized mental care.

This community is here for you but you should seek professional help JP.

No, this isn’t normal and you need to get some professional help. Do you live with them? Is there somewhere you can go. Suicide is serious business. Please get help. We are rooting for you.

Hey @JP123 its been a few hours since your post. Just checking in. How are you doing?

I’m trying to get the help I need thanks everyone

2 Likes